1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Born in Coral Gables in 51 .Lived in SW Miami until 1980 . When Castro let the Marielito's come to US the crime rate went through the roof . The country is on a down ward spiral and it is accelerating with the communist biden in office. My bet is this gang related and an AK47 was involved.

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
PolymerMan ------------------ I just looked this up on the local CBS affiliate AND the original article you posted. Neither one said that nobody called police.

Am I missing something??

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Born in Coral Gables in 51 .Lived in SW Miami until 1980 . When Castro let the Marielito's come to US the crime rate went through the roof . The country is on a down ward spiral and it is accelerating with the communist biden in office. My bet is this gang related and an AK47 was involved.
I blame Janet Reno. She was the county attorney that allowed Dade county to turn into a drug infested cesspool with a drug corrupted police force in the late 1970's through the 1980's. I literally grew up a few miles from her family house. Went to the same school with her nephew.
PolymerMan ------------------ I just looked this up on the local CBS affiliate AND the original article you posted. Neither one said that nobody called police.

Am I missing something??
Geezus MagazineMan and neither one said they did, all reported that the Shot Spotter is what immediately brought the authorities to the scene. That is the crux of this thread... "Shot Spotter". You just love to engage in a banter based on the most trivial, non-material tidbits.

... and yes what you are missing are the real time broadcast that took place when the story broke the other day, and that is what I relayed. You are where? Oh yeah ...on the left coast 3000 miles away.

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
How in the heck is this Non-Material?? You found the "And No One Calls 911 " aspect poignant, important, & attention-grabbing enough to flavor your headline with it, Emphasized with caps too!

Which paints a very different & egregious picture than what actually happened.

I'm only making it an issue because YOU did.

I think (just guessing) that what actually happened here is that you assumed that because Shot Spotter alerted PD, that nobody else did. That assumption, if it occurred, would be a mistake.

And you can't tell ME something doesn't matter when YOU certainly thought it did! That doesn't fly.

Now if you saw / heard that "nobody called 911" on a news source other than what you both linked, and refereed to, and it now cannot be found---I apologize.

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
... the 2.3 shots is the average for self defense shooting, anyhow, that is what I read years ago. It's not a universal magic number. Its based on thousands of incidents. Most of the time, an attacker runs the moment they are fired at. These gangbangers that spray their victims with .... say 80 rounds like in this case, do so because they are cowards and the victims are unarmed, and they have no fear of being shot back at. I've seen videos of store clerks shooting back at robbers, and at the first instance of the clerk opening fire, the crooks run and often trip over themselves to get out. It's over in one New York second.

Its great if you can carry four loaded mags and not print. Florida is sub-tropical weather state, and conceal carry is limited to what you can either pocket carry or IWB carry with the proper rig. Few people wear jackets here year round. At minimum, I carry sometimes a 5 shot snubby and a speed strip with 6 more rounds. Sometimes I carry my Glock 30SF IWB with an extended magazine. Chances are I will never... ever have to pull a weapon on anyone, I have owned weapons for 45 years and never pulled a gun on anyone yet. Most of us also will never be in a defensive shooting. Statistics are on our side. But just in case, I feel confident even with the minimum.

But even your four loaded mags plus what is in your carry 1911 isn't enough if you overthink it. The perpetrators in this incident fired some 80 rounds... that is more than what you carry and you will be out gun just like someone with only 5 or 14 rounds. But chances are, the second you open fire, they will run.

Don't forget, even though statistically, 2.3 R may be the "average", you want to make sure you have margin for the "tail-end" events...Look at the shooting last week, the cop took 12 rounds to stop a man with a stick, granted the cop made some big mistakes, but still. The man wasn't especially large, just tallish maybe. I don't know what the caliber it was but I'll bet you know what caliber I think it was...Yea, and (maybe) if you are not a cop you can run away from a man with a stick, but not if he has a gun pointed at you at CQ's.

BTW, I wonder if that 2.3R average still holds water, btwn misses and lack of power in some of these loads with the almost ubiquitous use of 9 by cops and many ordinary non-cops I would be surprised if that 2.3 average hasn't shifted over the years at least a couple of more rounds or so. That FBI study used shootout data from 2000 to 2013 and written in 2014.

And of course, with even a slightly bigger gun (like going from a 3" to a 4" slide - that is a significant 33% more barrel and the benefits which go with it), it is generally easier to shoot and keep on target, than a smaller gun. But of course it is an individual decision in the end (size of gun, rounds, and load).

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
How in the heck is this Non-Material?? You found the "And No One Calls 911 " aspect poignant, important, & attention-grabbing enough to flavor your headline with it, Emphasized with caps too!

Which paints a very different & egregious picture than what actually happened.

I'm only making it an issue because YOU did.

I think (just guessing) that what actually happened here is that you assumed that because Shot Spotter alerted PD, that nobody else did. That assumption, if it occurred, would be a mistake.

And you can't tell ME something doesn't matter when YOU certainly thought it did! That doesn't fly.

Now if you saw / heard that "nobody called 911" on a news source other than what you both linked, and refereed to, and it now cannot be found---I apologize.
Wow. You get obsessed. I heard it on local news... real time broadcast as it broke, I already said that. You... 3000 miles away heard otherwise? Okay. Yeah, it must be the solar flares and the ionosphere bouncing radio and TV signals around.

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Don't forget, even though statistically, 2.3 R may be the "average", you want to make sure you have margin for the "tail-end" events...Look at the shooting last week, the cop took 12 rounds to stop a man with a stick, granted the cop made some big mistakes, but still. The man wasn't especially large, just tallish maybe. I don't know what the caliber it was but I'll bet you know what caliber I think it was...Yea, and (maybe) if you are not a cop you can run away from a man with a stick, but not if he has a gun pointed at you at CQ's.

BTW, I wonder if that 2.3R average still holds water, btwn misses and lack of power in some of these loads with the almost ubiquitous use of 9 by cops and many ordinary non-cops I would be surprised if that 2.3 average hasn't shifted over the years at least a couple of more rounds or so. That FBI study used shootout data from 2000 to 2013 and written in 2014.

And of course, with even a slightly bigger gun (like going from a 3" to a 4" slide - that is a significant 33% more barrel and the benefits which go with it), it is generally easier to shoot and keep on target, than a smaller gun. But it is an individual decision in the end (size of gun, rounds, and load).
The whole decision I believe is based on your comfort level with the risks involved in the area you frequent. Many of the stories we read about in the sub-forum "The Armed Citizens" often involve handguns and often times just a few shots resolve the issue. Lets face it, the gangbangers that fired off 80 rounds in the above article very likely used either a AK or AR rifle or pistol style weapon. The cops haven't said what type of weapon they used. In that case, many of us would be outgunned. But I still believe that return fire will make them run, unless they are truly zonked out on drugs.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
getting like the old west.?
Actually, (late to the show here :D ), some cities (NY comes to mind here?) were even more dangerous than those "supposed" violent Western towns in the mid to late 1800's.

Typical Hollywood BS. Everyone was busy having gunfights in the town square too according to 1950's-1960's Western shows. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
PolymerMan ----------Just to clarify, are you saying that when the news broke, in real time, the news sources claimed that nobody had called the police?

Or just that Shot Spotter made the initial alert?

Btw, when I said my sources were "local" I meant local to the incident, Not local to me.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Come on John. These are just good patriotic Americans looking out for our rights. We all know the real threat to America is those nasty white supremacists.
Well, white supremacists are just as much as a threat as BLM. Thier rallies/protest have led to violence too. Not to condemn them is to condone them, just as it is for BLM. Everyone in this country has the right to protest, kinda what the first is all about. Funny how so many that beat their chest chanting "shall not be infringed" forget about the first applying to everyone.

OK, if we know their intentions, schedules and routes why does no one on the Conservative side organize a protest and confront them / counter-protest them?!

They did....and then they stormed the Capital, caused a massive amount of damage, stole multiple items and killed a police officer while making death threats against elected officials. Funny how so conveniently, so many forget this too.

I am not condoning any illegal actions by either side, but this bullsip of wearing blinders while making blanket statements is getting old. It also is one of the main reason we have such a divide amongst Americans. Easy to come to a forum of like folks and preach to the choir. Seems that's all some can do.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Well, white supremacists are just as much as a threat as BLM. Thier rallies/protest have led to violence too. Not to condemn them is to condone them, just as it is for BLM. Everyone in this country has the right to protest, kinda what the first is all about. Funny how so many that beat their chest chanting "shall not be infringed" forget about the first applying to everyone.
There is no comparison. BLM spent the spring/summer of 2020 destroying several cities and intimidating/harassing people throughout America and no one lifted a finger to stop them. In fact, they were rewarded for their violence with hundreds of millions of dollars by the idiots who run corporate America. They are not even criticized much less labeled a terror group. Our own government embraces them. Let me know when "white supremacists"are able to do anything like that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If Trump REALLY asked his folks to take over the Capital...They’d still be occupying it. The entire Jan 6th event was a false flag. Oh..There were Trump folks there but who was leading them? Why did the police invite the clowns in? You really have to be stoopid to go in a protected area after being “invited “ in. “Come on in.” Said the spider to the fly. What happened was illegal and wrong but who was leading them?

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
If Trump REALLY asked his folks to take over the Capital...They’d still be occupying it. The entire Jan 6th event was a false flag. Oh..There were Trump folks there but who was leading them? Why did the police invite the clowns in? You really have to be stoopid to go in a protected area after being “invited “ in. “Come on in.” Said the spider to the fly. What happened was illegal and wrong but who was leading them?
The FBI is using all possible resources to track down anyone and everyone they might hope to charge with something related to 1/6/21. The term insurrection is being used by federal prosecutors. They are doing this even after charging almost no one in BLM and antifa for massive damage that destroyed several cities including rioting with DC. You are right. This is one big dog and pony show by the DC Swamp designed to create a villain, namely people like us.

·
Registered
810 Posts
They did....and then they stormed the Capital, caused a massive amount of damage, stole multiple items and killed a police officer while making death threats against elected officials. Funny how so conveniently, so many forget this too.

I am not condoning any illegal actions by either side, but this bullsip of wearing blinders while making blanket statements is getting old. It also is one of the main reason we have such a divide amongst Americans. Easy to come to a forum of like folks and preach to the choir. Seems that's all some can do.
The Capitol thing was a counter-protest? I highly doubt that.

I would suggest very kindly, sir, you step away from the horse trough for your news.

As for your intimation that we're wearing blinders while making statements.. would you care to clarify?

We have every single right to get into BLM's face and counter-protest as they have to protest.

I will not bow to BLM.
I will not kneel to BLM.
I will not give the Black Panther salute. Ever. I'd take a bullet in my skull before that. Ill take a red hot poker in my nuts before I ever bow down to them. This idn't idle internet boast. There's a line, and they crossed it.

Lemme tell you something: BLM is a Black Supremacy outfit, only they don't have the numbers to actually take over, so they have to guilt-trip / shame others into being their "Ally."

I think it's worked. Don't you? We seem to have elected a government that aligns with them. That's proof to me that whatever it is they're doing is workign, and whatever we're doing isn't.

As long as we're being told we're racist, evil scum, as long as there's Critical Race Theory* being taught , as long as they keep pounding the war drums of Reh-Puh-Ray-Tions, it will just keep driving that wedge deeper, and deeper.

And one day, we'll introduce them to another R-word: Reh-Trih-Bu-Tion. What goes 'round comes 'round. Karma. Whatever you wanna call it.

"Judge a man by the content of his character and not the color of his skin" BLM / Antifa - Fail.

* I was forced to take a CRT class in the late 90's in teh USAF.. it was called "Race Sensitivity Training" back then, and back then I thought it was the most backwards, Communist mind-rot I had heard in a while. Good thing I was already checking out, because if I had to take that course again I would stand up, tell the instructor to go f*ck theirselves, and walk out... even knowing it'd cost me the job.

To heal the rift in this country you have to undo the damage done by 50 years of LBJ-think. It's not gonna happen with cities on fire, and 3/4 of the US told that we're racist s*its and need to become "less white."

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well, white supremacists are just as much as a threat as BLM. Thier rallies/protest have led to violence too.
Which “white supremacists”? The KKK? They haven’t been a threat for years. Actually they’re a f’ing joke. Every time the media shows a Klan”rally” it’s usually about 15-20 people. Who else, the Proud Boys (according to Biden)? Their membership is made up of all races and I don’t recall them burning and looting cities like Antifa and Burn, Loot, Murder aka BLM. Funny how the Biden administration isn’t going after them.
And when a group like the PB or even just Trump supporters/conservatives had a rally that “led to violence” according to you, it was usually because Antifa/BLM showed up to start crap.

Or is a “white supremacist” just any conservative who supports the Constitution, limited government and individual freedom?

41 - 60 of 84 Posts