Flat trigger
Rmr 6.5 moa red dot
Vickers front and rear slide serrations
Naked slide
Ambi safety
Vickers high ride grip safety
Ryan Wilson High grip mod
Plus some other small stuff

The full size 9mm will waits few months for now.

·
Super Moderator
15,132 Posts
Definitely a unique gun for everyday carry, this is my fourth Wilson so I’m just going to get what I want. AT is great but I want a blued gun finally.
You won't be sorry, the Baron blue is really something very special, as you will find out once you get it. Lots of guys get one and can't bring themselves to shoot it because it is so rich and beautiful, but mine got shot the day I received it, and has 8k+ rounds on it - it's still as beautiful as the day I got it (at least to me). Congrats on a great set of specs!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Definitely a unique gun for everyday carry, this is my fourth Wilson so I’m just going to get what I want. AT is great but I want a blued gun finally.
You won't be sorry, the Baron blue is really something very special, as you will find out once you get it. Lots of guys get one and can't bring themselves to shoot it because it is so rich and beautiful, but mine got shot the day I received it, and has 8k+ rounds on it - it's still as beautiful as the day I got it (at least to me). Congrats on a great set of specs!
Looking forward to it, I don’t have any guns I don’t shoot. This will be shot a lot, I’m curious how it will hold up to hard use and daily carry.

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
I would go Professional or EDCX9 but YMMV.

I’d be interested in trying the Carry Comp barrel and Flanged Barrel so the Professional model leaves those options open. It’s also hard to dispute the reliability and weight savings of the EDC X9.

I doubt either the Flange or Comp will rival a Government size 9mm though.
It doesn't, it destroys it. No contest at all. My .45 carry comp is faster than my full-size 9mm since it doesn't leave the target, tested it MANY times on the clock since I didn't believe it myself.
What are your split times with a 9mm government and a .45 Carry Comp?

Are you reloading?

If not, what bullets are you using? Most commercial .45 won’t generate the gasses required for that single port compensator to do what its intended to do.
Federal 230, vs 115 blazer and 124+P vs 230+P HST, the .45 is .11-18 the 9mm is .15-.21 and the comp absolutely works. I have two otherwise identical guns and the comped one simply doesn't leave the target or beat the hell out of my wrist.

Timer doesn't lie, I can do a I'll concealed cold FAST in 4.8 average with my comped and 5.8 non comped or about 5.5 with a non comped 9. Similar results in all other drills
Impressive times. Although I digress, a 9mm Government is probably softer than a Carry Comp .45. If I wasn’t on a mission to be 100% debt free I’d buy a Carry Comp today.
It is, doesn't do anything to the hand or wrist at all. The comped .45 still has a strong push even though the sight doesn't leave the target, recoil vs felt impulse I guess....

·
Premium Member
13,971 Posts
BTW, I did a rare-thing these days, yesterday I shot my second WC-TE, the one without the comp. I shot it against my WC-CComp (both 45)...This is an interesting comparison because the CC is 4+" and the TE is 5" and has the flanged barrel. The flange offsets some of the weight added to the CC by the metal which forms the comp chamber even if the actual gasses didn't do anything :).

I just compared them at 25 yards against the WC-scorable steel. Conclusion, on this day anyway, the CC shot softer and had a tighter 25 yard group...The CC is a really nice package, you can shoot it faster than a full size and it is just a little shorter and lighter for carry. Once you learn how to keep the comp clean you are all set...(Naturally, my 1st TE which is now comped will outshout the CC, but the former would be a good bit harder to carry).

·
Premium Member
7,624 Posts
Placed an order today for an XTac elite commander w/ rail with the following-
Baron blue with polished flats
Thick flange bushing (AT black)
AT black barrel
Flat trigger
Rmr 6.5 moa red dot
Vickers front and rear slide serrations
Naked slide
Ambi safety
Vickers high ride grip safety
Ryan Wilson High grip mod
Plus some other small stuff

The full size 9mm will waits few months for now.
Sounds great. Can’t wait to see it. I’ve got a Baron blue CQBE...:rock:
The last two 1911s I’ve added have been railed commanders (45, 9mm).
Seems to be pretty popular..:rock:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
All this talk of buying new guns and a Carry Comp sure makes it hard to not call up Jerry and order one.

Nice build OP, and drools to the carry comp. I bet that sucker stays even flatter with 185gr +P.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I ended up changing the blue to AT after all, my department won’t allow any shiny blue finish so I’ll just go AT. I might have to blue my 45 Xtac elite since it’s already something I carry, no one will look at it. Contemplating a second order, a full size similar to the cqb custom on the Wilson website, stainless slide, AT and stainless flats, silver medallions and maybe stainless magwell. Want to do a bull
Barrel on a full size 9mm, sti has a lot like that. No reason Wilson doesn’t make a reliable bull barrel full size 9 but if any of you own one and can share some knowledge or why I should go bushing instead let me know.

·
Super Moderator
15,132 Posts
I have several bull barrel full size, and they are all fully dependable and a pleasure to shoot. I also fully like my full size in the bushing configuration, so my own opinion is you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have several bull barrel full size, and they are all fully dependable and a pleasure to shoot. I also fully like my full size in the bushing configuration, so my own opinion is you can't go wrong either way.
Good to hear. I’ll stick with the bull barrel then.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So I ended ordering 2 guns, a 9mm XTac elite commander in all black AT with an RMR and a full size 9mm xtac elite two tone stainless slide with black AT and a bull barrel. I decided after I get those I’ll send my full size 45 xtac elite in to get blued if it’s possibly based on the roll mark.

·
Super Moderator
15,132 Posts
Wow! You're going to have a lot of fun for quite some time when those two come in. Congrats, and post a few pics when you get them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Wow! You're going to have a lot of fun for quite some time when those two come in. Congrats, and post a few pics when you get them.
The commander was kitted already and the full size should be kitted next week, so pics in about 4-5 months I’d guess. With the two tone I kinda followed the one CQB two tone on their custom gallery for the most part. Mine will be a bull barrel with some other modifications and left the mag release black. Does anyone know if the high mod grip safety is something new? I ordered both with the Ryan Wilson high grip mod and was told that includes the high grip mod safety but I don’t remember that being an option when I ordered my last one.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts