1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9mm APS Stechkin do any of you know this model?

It is the Soviet pistol that has an attachment sholder stock and a 20 round box mag. It has a semi, and full auto firing system.

Since they have been made since the 60's would these ever be eligable for US importation?

I guess you would have to delete the sholder stock, and make it semi-auto only, but other than that, why wouldnt they import these? I am sure they could be hot sellers if the Russians would sell them to us.
If they did come in the 20 round mag would be a preban, so that woundnt be too much of a problem.

Is anyone an importer or know anything more about these?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I recently saw a semi-auto Stechkin for sale on Auction Arms or Gunbroker, one. It was exorbitantly priced and I have no idea where it came from, but obviously they're out there. It's not a 9mm, BTW, it's 9x18Mak

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had no idea that these were incountry!

I am going to look into this

Thanks

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I jsut looked on the auction site. THere is one there BUT looking at the item it is funny.

First the seller is in Germany. Also, the only thing that is limiting the full auto rate is a steel pin! Also, the seller says that the 20 round mag would be limited if shipped to USA.
Looking at his feedback it looks like stuff that is legal in Germany is sketchy at best in USA. A few items have been siezed by customs! One guy says that a pistol was shipped directally to his house, cutoms got it first and he had to pay fines.

Ill have to see if a Stechkin goes on sale here in america before I put down $600+

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I thought with the latest laws, once and auto, always an auto. Also, I'm not sure you can import ANY miitary stuff these days unless for LE or military, with documentation.

I know there's some AK's still coming in, but I think they are 10 shot cap, with the US parts. But this was designed and built as a A military subgun/pistolle.

I guess it would be best to call ATF to be on eht safe slde. Just because one possibly got thru earlier don't mean you will not be crucified for your efforts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Unless someone starts building semi-only receivers for them, I doubt we'll ever see them in any quantity here. I've seen the demilled parts kits, but without a usable receiver they are basically worthless unless you want to build a non-firing replica.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where does one find the part kits i.e. federal arms, tapco, ext..ect..?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts