1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Da glad you got a new toy! I had the Springfield Trp in 1 hand and cash money in the other. ..couldn't pull the trigger so to speak. I'M still holding out hope....mainly because I have about 1,000 9mm rounds loaded and this was my only 9mm. .45 reloading stuff shipped Friday so the TRP may make the cut for a "race gun". I already have 1 for duty and it's NEVER FAILED to go bang repeat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And now for your daily BS Blowing smoke up my b-hole update from remington.
My extractor was never replaced 1.2.16.
It appears they ran out of extractors and were waiting for an order to come in. REALLY?
That's like running out of gas in my patrol car, unacceptable to say the least.
So WEEKS of telling me they are working on it, tech was hurt, it's done, waiting to be test fired...blah blah blah. I am SO DONE WITH THIS!
If you buy a remington your a FOOL if you think they will handle your repair! I should've changed the Damn thing myself! I could've even gone to gunsmith school and graduated by now. SCREW REMINGTON.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Damn... I'm sorry to hear that your situation is not any closer to being resolved boogieman. Hopefully you asked for your money back so you can buy something that isn't a POS. Check out the SR1911! Just got back from putting another 200 rds through it without a hiccup.

Kimber1911, you have made a wise decision. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kimber1911 others on here have had great experiences with Remington, Myself and DZA have NOT.
I like the feel of it and the front sight aaaaand that's about all I have for you. It is a good SINGLE shot auto pistol.
You WILL get real good at clearing it and you may get a good cardio work out from your heart rate and blood pressure going up.
The down sides are having all those extra rounds in the magazine, having to clean the dirt out of it after you throw in the dirt, dealing with customer non service. Oh and you will get good at swearing, a lot! I thought the navy had trained me how to swear but this gun is masters level swearing.
If you don't have a sense of humor and extra cash to buy another gun to shoot while you wait for yours to back, then buy something else.
To everyone else SORRY for ranting here, its keeping me from driving 5 !/2 hours to the factory and snatching my gun off the dudes work station.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought a Springfield Range officer Champion 9mm b/c I couldn't find a Remington R1 9mm. So far it has been sent back to Springfield 3 times in the past 6 weeks.

1) rear sight changed as the gun was shooting 2-3 inches high.
2) extractor problem. The fired casings remained stuck in the chamber.
3) the rear sight just about fell off.

I have to give it to Springfield, they have fixed my gun three times & each time in less than a week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The saga continues, As of Friday the useless firearm tracker web page changed from "repairing" to "packed" and today...insert drum roll...It changed again to, dramatic pause...."shipped"! So I guess after dude told me I would be getting an Email BEFORE it ships he must have lost my email address. Oh hell its on its way somewhere, I guess. WHERE would be a reasonable question. But what has seemed reasonable in Remington eyes through this whole process, I have no clue. When it gets here I have a range party with about 450 of my closest reloads and 200 factory loads waiting to run it. assuming its
A) truly "shipped"
B) "shipped" to me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well out of the blue this afternoon I received a call from Gun Works of central NY informing me they had MY R1 in hand would be shipping it out within the hour and they were confirming my email address. 10 minutes later DING a tracking number appeared in my inbox! By 1500 tomorrow I should have it home...then it will be off to the club to "stretch it out" so to speak.
Let me say this GUN WORKS OF CENTRAL NEW YORK has been a pleasure to deal with during this entire UNPLEASURABLE experience! Remington on the other hand.....well yeah.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Glad you finally got your pistol back, boogie. Hopefully it works and you NEVER EVER EVER have to deal with remington again! I on the other hand still have to hound them for my money back, which I'm sure they forgot to send.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Boogie,
Please be sure to report back how your freshly repaired gun works. I might still be interested in one if yours only needed to have the extractor tweaked. Please let us know what the invoice says as far as what exactly was repaired or modified.

Thanks,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Boogie,
Please be sure to report back how your freshly repaired gun works. I might still be interested in one if yours only needed to have the extractor tweaked. Please let us know what the invoice says as far as what exactly was repaired or modified.

Thanks,
Well its over!!! I received my gun 15 1/2 hours after my phone call from rich at GunWorks. Paperwork says "extractor replaced" that's it, no other info. I asked the wifey to keep the shipping box until I got home from the range and asked her if she wants to tag along. her response... "Ah No, if I want to see you throw a hissy fit melt down, Swearing and break things I will take you purse/shoe shopping at the mall."
It WORKS!!! ran 400 rounds of both factory and home rolled through it and blammo... bang, repeat every time. only 1 casing to the forehead, trust me I was keeping track of everything.
I never had a problem with the Remington fit finish or accuracy. just the simple extractor problem. This is a good gun. If you own .45 1911's think of this as a moped to your Harley...fun to ride, just don't be seen by your Harley friends riding it, so to speak.
Remington will never see this gun again! To guarantee its mine I took the file to it last night and added a mag well. the bottom outside corners of the frame were squared and really bothering my hand enough so that its still rubbed raw, so...out came the files and I rounded/eased the edge.
In summary; SCREW REMINGTONS CUSTOMER SERVICE! Gun runs and looks Great, a simple fix soured me to them but the gun is good overall.
Knowing what I know now? I would buy it again and just worked on it myself.

·
Registered
61 Posts
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to waterboard everyone who works in their customer service department until I drain the ****ing ocean. Called this morning to see where my refund was since I asked for it and told it was approved in January. Turns out they couldn't find my receipt (cuz OMFG these people suck soooooooo hard at their jobs) and had decided to do absolutely nothing about it. No contact with me. ****ing nothing. I have never in my life experienced a group of people that just don't give a **** about the customer as hard as remington's customer service department does. jesus ****ing christ.

Sorry for all the swearing. I just want this **** to be over.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What a nightmare! I have an R1 Carry Commander which has been a great gun & was seriously thinking about the 9mm. So glad I read your rants, it would drive me nuts as well to have to deal with that kind of attitude continuously. I'll definitely be looking elsewhere when I buy my 1911 9mm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to waterboard everyone who works in their customer service department until I drain the ****ing ocean. Called this morning to see where my refund was since I asked for it and told it was approved in January. Turns out they couldn't find my receipt (cuz OMFG these people suck soooooooo hard at their jobs) and had decided to do absolutely nothing about it. No contact with me. ****ing nothing. I have never in my life experienced a group of people that just don't give a **** about the customer as hard as remington's customer service department does. jesus ****ing christ.

Sorry for all the swearing. I just want this **** to be over.

Man, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. My R1 Enhanced had the rear sight fall off and when I called Remington they just sent me a new sight which I had to replace. I thought it was a joke that they wouldn't take care of it, but now I'm glad they sent me the part and I spent 45 minutes in the garage learning how to put on a rear sight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I had a gunsmith go through my gun last week after having an FTE at round #2. that range trip I had 36 FTE's out of 144 rounds fired. Remember this is fresh from a factory 12 week extractor replacement .
He pulled the extractor and laid it side by side with a Wilson .45 and a 9mm,
mine was identical to the .45 without a bend or tool mark on it! He did some filing and tweaking on it and off to the range I went...ran just fine for 250 rounds.
This morning I entered my very 1st IDPA match and it ran alright, a few failures going into battery after a hundred or so rounds, so I did a quick strip and clean and went off to my final stage. With 15 rounds fired and 3 rounds left to finish the match it failed to eject the round and SIEZED UP ROCK SOLID!!! we tried everything to get it apart, using a squib rod we determined it was an empty casing so its atleast safe! So it now sits locked solid in its original box with a rather "interesting" note to them.
I am fully ready to spend WHATEVER time calling, writing or just plain raising hell it takes to get through to these folks! Illion is only 5 1/2 hours away and on my way to steelhead alley. I WILL BE GETING MY MONEY BACK!!! As consumers we have rights and they will be made well aware of my dissatisfaction with this whole ordeal! I will be directing anyone I talk to at Remington to this site and if the squeaky wheel does get the grease I hope we will all be covered in it. I will not stop telling ANYONE who will listen how crappy this product and their customer service truly is. 44 years ago I shot my first Remington, I still have that nylon 66, my "go to" gun is my 870 and still will be BUT anything to do with a pistol or new gun from this company...NO THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well its gone!!! Done and over with!!! Shipped it back this morning.
After speaking to the rep he gave up without much of a fight, told me I would be getting a refund and that they cut checks at the beginning and mid month. The new paperwork he sent said "Refund" in the description of problem section.
The most interesting thing he said was "I think we have some bugs to work out on the 9mm, everyone loves the .45 but the 9, well." He had me send him a copy of my receipt directly, so who knows!
I wonder if I will get my $75 rebate check I sent in for back in October might make up for the $57 in taxes I lose.
Until I get the check I'm taking the Sig 220 out of retirement.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I had good luck out of my R1 45, but I will say for the price of them, I would not buy another unless the rebate was good. Last one I got the stormlake barrel and ebayed it for nearly $200. I will say the 9mm 1911s are a cool idea but that little round doesn't seem to like the 1911 as much as bigger ones.

I am toying with the idea of having Springfield Custom Shop build a 40 S&W upper for my range officer. I get weird feeding and ejection from mine. Does OK with the 9rd mags but sometimes jams up and crushes a case. 10rd mags are a complete failure. I would never carry a full 9mm 1911 for defense so this is more of a play gun.

Hope it works out

·
Registered
61 Posts
It will be interesting to see if either of us ever get our money back, boogie. I sent my receipt in on 3/3/16. Have yet to see anything in the mail. It is kinda funny though that we have both now vowed to tell ANYONE who will listen how absolutely terrible Remington is. I plan on linking this thread anywhere I can.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Makes one wonder if Remington even bothered to use a 9/.38Super extractor, or, if they just hope to bend a .45 extractor in a little more to try to 'make it work'...and then ship them without thorough testing to see if the extractor would tend to 'spring back' after a week or two of sitting idle. In any case, were I a Remington owner, I think I'd order a new Wilson extractor as opposed to waiting 5 or more months for Remington to replace a $25 part....

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Can anyone that owns a 9 mm Remington take a pic of extractor removed from pistol? (at least with Wilson extractors, it is easy to spot the difference between .45 and 9/.38S VERY quickly...)

21 - 40 of 58 Posts