1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kimber Stainless Target II 9mm and would like to buy a couple of extra magazines for it. Should I order the magazines directly from Kimber, or should I go with the Metalform mags (which is better)? If I do go with Metalform, which mag should I get; the "Colt Model 1911 9mm" or the "Springfield 9mm Front Ramp configuration"? The manager at the gunshop where I purchased the Kimber tried to sell me a Mecgar .38 super mag., telling me that it would work just fine---didn't sound right. However, Mecgar does make a 9mm 1911 style magazine, should I go with that? I'd appreciate any advice on these questions. Thanx

Nero

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Custom I in 40 S&W. I've got about a dozen Mecgar magazines - all of them work great (for about ~13 per magazine)!

If I'm not mistaken, the magazines that came with my Kimber are actually made by Mecgar. Everything is the same, except the Kimber magazines are missing the Mecgar name.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Kimber 9mm magazine is made by Metalform. It is the rear ramp configuration style. You can order the Springfield front ramp configuration magazine direct from Metalform and it is more reliable. A 38 super magazine will also work. Wilson did make them, but have stopped. (Brownells may still have some) They are also going to come out with a 1911 9mm and tell me that they will be using Metalform magazines.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My .02

I have to jump in and say...I got four from Mec-Gar and they work 100% every time....and for about $14 or $15 each!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts