1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya,

im using a tnt 125 grain cast fp bullet 4.7 grains of bullseye, mixed brass and cci primers,

my lee manual says 1.150 for oal, if i use 1.150 my lube grove isnt even in the case all the way.

what does everyone reccomend for an oal or a way to figure out a safe minimum oal. dont be afraid to get complicated i dont have anything better to do for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
In my experience, you can go a little shorter with FP or HP. I load mine to 1.125". What Gun are you using? Some guns are more forgiving than others when it comes to OAL, my Glock is one.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ruger p89 is the gun and a cz 75 will be using some for a day.

i sat down and figured out the max oal just covers the lube up at 1.100 any farther out and you can see the orange.

thanks for all the oals i will work my way down a bit from 1.1. its just to close to the lube for my taste.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the cz 75 came over today no way in hades my longer oal was gona work in that gun it locked up and we had to press the slide back with the target stand to get the round out.

with the tnt 125 grain flatpoint i have to move the oal down to 1.020 to get a reliable feeding when hand cyceling. never did try fireing them in the gun. but i shot them in the p89 and there were not excessive pressure signs but you could deffinatly fell that it was creating more pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts