1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, first off I want to say that my new MKIII is the best out-of-the-box 9mm pistol I've ever shot as far as accuracy is concerned. Even with the 7lbs. trigger I could manage to pull off some nice groups with controlled shooting. I'm very impressed with the "match quality" barrel it comes with and the fit. My attempt to take the magazine disconnect out failed (trigger pin) but I am thinking about getting a standard trigger job and leaving it on. I will be satisfied with a 5lbs trigger. Any recommendations?

The pistol shoots POA but I do not like the factory white dot sights. Okay here is my question = Heinie or Novak?

However, it does not make sense to me why they placed the serial no. on the front strap.

------------------
"ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE..."

·
Registered
697 Posts
Was your trigger pin in EXTREMELY tight? I got a MK III last week and went to take the mag safety off. I thought, no problem just drive the little pin out.

WRONG! That bad boy would not budge. I actually had the punch slip and I gouged my frame pretty good. It then became a quest as I was not going to be defeated by a stupid pin. Long story short I got it out after much angst and gnashing of teeth. Now I'll have to have the scratches on the frame fixed. I guess since I'm having a beavertail put on later they'll fix that before they refinish the frame.

Not that big a deal really, but in retrospect, I wish I'd left it alone.

Oh yeah, as far as sights, what about Bo-Mars. Most people don't think of them for BHPs but I'm putting some on mine. I'd like to end up with something like this:

[This message has been edited by hhsmiley (edited 09-22-2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by hhsmiley:
It then became a quest as I was not going to be defeated by a stupid pin.

LOL! I did the exact same thing! The scarring around my pin is minimal, but I will get it refinished when I have the gun overhauled.
I bought an HP Practical for my second HP, but this time I took it to a smith to have him press the pin out for me. Took him all but 2 minutes to press out the pins in his machine vise. The cost was free, cause I taught him the procedure!
Anyhoo, that pin is pressed in. Browning does that so it isn't easy to remove the mag safety(for leagal purposes). The ONLY safety feature JMB made that was worthless, IMHO.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I much prefer the sight picture of the Heinie rear sight. While I agree that Novaks look great from the side and really blend to the "lines" of a Hi Power, I just prefer the Heinie sight picture so much more.

Take a close look at the sight picture offered by each and choose the one that will help you shoot to your potential. If you do it this way, you won't go wrong.

------------------
Byron Simpson

·
Registered
18 Posts
hhSmiley, Sent you an E-mail,but incase you don't get it, need info on the comp featured in the picture you posted. It looks like just what I need. Any assistance would be great thanks. I am new to this site, I usually lurk around the BHP forum, but have checked this site several times. finally reg.This appears to be a very informative site. Thanks tbird (Joe)

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Heeding the words that pride goes before the fall, I got a roll of Kapton tape and made a thick protective layer around the head of the trigger pin before I started whacking. I used the same tape on the inside of the trigger guard so I wouldn't tear that up pulling the trigger assembly out.

That trigger pin is really hard to get out, but it eventually came out. You need a damn good punch. Bronze or soft steel will not work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts