1911Forum banner

9MM Schuemann AET Barrels

2469 13
I am building a 9mm 1911 for Bullseye on a Caspian frame and slide set. In a previous thread on the subject Bob Hunter of Hunter Custom stated:

"There's many good barrel manufactures; several have already been named. That being said I would not overlook a Schuemann AET barrel. I've heard claims of the AET barrel being able to shoot .5 inch groups at 50 yards when tested from a barrel fixture. I'll have to say after buiding several guns using the AET barrels I have no reason to doubt this."

Does anyone else have experience with 9MM Schuemann AET barrels?

Which one would have more potential mechanical accuracy - the conventional barrel with a bushing or a bull barrel?

Perhaps more importantly will Shuemann fit their barrels? If not who would you all recommend?

Thanks Chris
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anthony..

Is your barrel a ramped barrel. The Caspian frame/slide set that I was going to order was for a Wilson/Nowlin Ramp. It does not appear that Schuemann makes one of their Classic AET barrels in 9mm with a Wilson/Nowlin ramp but rather he offers a Clark/Para Ord/Lissner ramp configuration at least in his AET line.

I am reluctant to switch barrel ramp configurations. I have had good success with the Wilson/Nowlin Ramp in conjuction with the Metalform 9mm (springfield with internal feed ramp config). I dont want any feed problems.

CHRIS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.