1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 1911 Springfield A1 9mm, kind of an impulse buy - didn't really research. I'm disappointed that I paid almost $1000 - this is a $700-800 1911 max.

I've only shot 250 rounds so far - but I know I want work on the trigger to shorten and crispen (fior lack of knowing better terms) this trigger. Also pulling the hammer back both feels difficult and is gritty.

Does anyone on the forum do trigger work - recommendations, comments etc.? I'd also like to get the back sight pressed out - horrible blocky creation. I do have a B urris red dot sight I want to install.

I was thinking of picking up a 1911 gunsmithing manual and playing with it myself but have reservations because I don't have a proper vice or tools nor do I really want to invest in a lot of special tools.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
From the Seahawk I take it your in WA state. If you are, I have a local guy I usually send my stuff to. IM me.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMChuc, no I'm a hawks fan in Pennsylvania.

Sometimes forums have people that are members that do work. I discovered a guy well known for his mods and special work on Berettas on the Beretta forum and he lives one town over and we've become friends. However he specializes in Berettas only.

Buzz I don't think there's a warranty issue, it's just not a well crafted handgun for the price. I own a S&W E series which is more refined and a Dan Wesson Valor which isn't even in the same league.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I always say that the UPS hub is local...

Get it back to Springfield or Alchemy and have it tuned up to your liking.

·
Registered
845 Posts
IMChuc, no I'm a hawks fan in Pennsylvania.

Sometimes forums have people that are members that do work. I discovered a guy well known for his mods and special work on Berettas on the Beretta forum and he lives one town over and we've become friends. However he specializes in Berettas only.

Buzz I don't think there's a warranty issue, it's just not a well crafted handgun for the price. I own a S&W E series which is more refined and a Dan Wesson Valor which isn't even in the same league.
springfields custom shop does top quality work and their prices are very competitive for most things.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Take most everybody's advice here. You said it was a "new gun".....call SA and they will send you a shipping label. Have them pin the ejector if it's not done. They will do that for free if you ask them.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I wouldn't kick yourself over the impulse buy. I think about the 9mm SA's all the time. Now you have it and don't have to keep looking for one anymore! LOL and congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts