1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been nearly 7 years since I built a gun similar to this. I always like the 9mm in a 1911 and when it is combined with a tri-cut slide it makes it even more pleasant experience for the shooter.

I built this gun for my friend and client from down south. It has been a long time since I did a Black Knight and when they are done in 9mm they are super sweet shooters. The BHP cuts on the front of the slide are something I've only done to one other full size BK about 7 years ago and I love the look.

The grips are stunning Canxan ***** from the master Brian Challis.

The front sight is a dovetail that has been blended. The rear sight is the buried and protected non dovetail that I've done on many guns over the years. I feel it offers a clean look that makes people look twice.

Thank you for checking out my pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
What barrel did you use Joe?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The contrasts of the finishes, the geometry of the angles and the blending of the parts - paired with the beauty of the wood results in a most elegant pistol. Congratulations!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wow! what a beautiful pistol. Love that deep shine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My wallet just ran away and hid. Very nice work. I am not a believer that a gun needs to be pretty but wow!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Beautiful! What is the finish - blue, dlc, something else?

·
Registered
159 Posts
That Is an awesome gun but, I mean what kind of low life degenerate would ever take It to a range an actually shoot It? Risk scratching or damaging It not me.
I believe there are two types guns amazingly well done one's like the one here, and the work horse like mine It's plane nothing special perfect working order well maintained cleaned and lubed regularly and reliable you aren't afraid to drop or get scratches on It.
What...nobody else feel that way? Just me, oh well.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Beautiful! What is the finish - blue, dlc, something else?
It is hot blue that we do here at the shop.

And typically my clients don't worry about scratching the guns. For the most part they buy them to use and shoot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts