1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this Colt and A Remington Rand from an old friend at the WAC gun show this weekend. It shows honest wear but has been well cared for. The bore is MINT. Many of these Super's were carried by LEO's during the 1930's, notably the Texas Rangers...

This is a second year (1930) production Super...

She is a real BEAUTY....

·
Administrator
74,721 Posts
Congrats John! They certainly don't make 'em like that anymore. BTW sorry I missed you at the WAC show, but other things came up this weekend.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Great find.

I have always wondered, what is the difference between the Super 38 and the 38 Super? Is it just the name? And when did Colt switch over to the newer style chamber to increase accuracy.

Thanks, Hardball

·
Banned
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
There is no difference. Colt has always called it Colt Super .38 Auto and NOT .38 Super. It is not a Government Model or M1911A1.... I don't know when they changed the headspace position.

People use these model designations interchangably, however they are models and calibers for specific pistols.....

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've seen many 38 Super Colt's much better than yours... but only in my dreams! :D
Very good pics, too.
Congrats, MAXM

·
Banned
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MAXM said:
I've seen many 38 Super Colt's much better than yours... but only in my dreams! :D
Very good pics, too.
Congrats, MAXM
I decided to pony up the hundred bucks and get a letter from Colt on this one. You never know it may have been sold to John Dillinger or some well known person... Sent the letter off this morning,,,,, An Xmas present to ME>>>>>...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts