1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I received my Alligator holster, belt, and mag pouch from Rafter S yesterday. It was about 2 weeks beyond the scheduled delivery date due to the difficulty in obtaining alligator hides. The shop never complained once regarding my follow-up calls and even apologized for the delay. The workmanship reeks of quality throughout. This is by far the most comfortable rig I have ever owned. Without the weight of the gun, you wouldn't even know it was there. Also it is very comfortable when sitting. I chose an on the belt holster besause the weather is cool enough here that I can carry concealed with just a light jacket for 8-9 months of the year. In fact, a standard polar fleece jacket conceals my 5" 45 with ease. For a quality rig I would choose Rafter S without hesitation. Thanks again Rafter S Gunleather for a job well done.
Oldcolt

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
oldcolt,

I still haven't figured out how they.....

Build 'em so good

ship 'em so far and

sell 'em so cheap.

The legend continues to grow.

------------------
PISS A LIBERAL OFF

BUY A HANDGUN....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Old Colt , Thanks for the Fine , Fine words . We at Rafter S appreciate any and all compliments we get . We are not new to the Holster business just our own stuff is New . We look forward to doing business with all of you in the future . And by the way we just completed an IWB holster that KSLawman is carrying , I think its a good design myself but then I would wouldnt I . I finally got the Boss to sign up on here but he mostly lurks watching things carefully . That Gator stuff you got was really nice stuff . Hope you enjoy it.

------------------
S.L. Caldwell
Leathercrafter
Rafter S Gunleather 417-277-5636
www.raftersgunleather.com

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
Rafter S leather gear is among the best.

I wear my 5" Springfield 1911 to work every day in a Rafter S Nelson-style speed scabbard, with a spare magazine and Streamlight Scorpion in their combination pouch. (My duties rarely require me to wear a uniform, and almost never a Sam Brown or river belt rig.) I also have a Rafter S speed scabbard for my HK P7M8

The Rafter S IWB holster is the most comfortable and concealable IWB holster I've ever used. It held the holster securely on my belt with no shifting, didn't collapse at all when the gun was removed, and held my 5" 1911 deep enough inside my waistband, with the triggerguard almost completely behind the belt, that the muzzle against my hip forced the butt of the 45 up tight against my side, yet I still had enough clearance above my belt to get a proper firing grip on the pistol while it was still in the holster. I wore this holster off duty on a daily basis this summer, during activities that ranged from loafing around the house to two weekends riding a tractor, and everything in between. I've had IWB holsters with reinforced mouths that stayed open when the gun was drawn,but the rest of the holster collapsed due to the pressure of my belt, but the Rafter S IWB stayed open all the way down to the toe without the gun in place.

JAFO, tell Steve he'll be hearing from me soon.

------------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

[This message has been edited by KSLawman (edited 10-27-2001).]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JAF0216,
I give credit where it is due. You folks make a fine product that others should know about. I enjoy my holster combo greatly and am sure I will for years to come. Please give my thanks to your fellow employees as well. I have been working nights lately and haven't had the chance to call and thank them personally yet but plan to do so soon.

Oldcolt

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts