1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these two RR's this weekend at the WAC gun show. They are real nice M1911A1's with close serial numbers....

2440136 and 2449398

·
Registered
134 Posts
You're Killing Us John!!

John,

With all the treasures you come up at the WAC weekend shows like these two RR's and the Super .38, I think I need to just walk near you and maybe a little of your luck, and maybe just a bit of your capability to recognize what you are looking will rub off. Seriously though, you certainly come up with treasures there in your own area of the country.

At least one of the forum members is drooling!! Keep up the good finds so they remain in the safe hands of a serious collector.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Georgeous pistols and they look to be in excellent condition too.

·
Registered
442 Posts
John,

I bought a Ithaca S# 12555xx, it had a large number 5 painted on the right grip, which some one tried to remove, but it's still in the low areas of the chekering.

When looking in Clawson new third addition for shipping dates for this serial number, there are two dates listed for a Ithaca (page 121) Feb. 17,1944 [1210584-1258770]or March 3, 1944 [1209587-1266134]. The March shipment went to the Navy, Feb. shippment to Letterkenny Ordance.

I've seen other post where the number on the grip was a Navy rack number. The grips appear to be original with a K inside a Star and the number 7 on one and 13 on the other, noted on back side of plastic grips. Is there any way to tell when and what it is?

Thanks Hardball

·
Banned
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a Navy Ithaca with rack number. It is in the 1455XXX range. This M1911A1 no longer belongs to me, but is in good hands.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi John, yup shes doing just fine. Here is a photo of it hanging out with some other retired Navy friends. Likes to get out of the safe every now and then.

Hardball - You can try the serial number on Springfield researches web site, but other then that there is no addtional distribution information on the Navy Ithacas. Regards, Ty

SRS Site: http://www.armscollectors.com/srs.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts