1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At my last range session my RIA did quite well in the accuracy dept. but I had a few probs. On a Federal gold dot I had a ftf. The Indent from the firing pin looked as it should. I used several other brands and more Federal and the problem did not repeat itself.

I also had one winchester ball stove pipe, it was the third round in the magazine, again the problem never happened again. Maybe I need to do a little more polishing.

I had a failure to extract the last round. the slide remained open, but the round remained chambered. It was a Federa gold dot. There was a indention where it appears the extractor tried to grab the rim but didnt.

I have also noticed that ever once in a while after the last round is fired the slide seems frozen, I have to muscle the slide towards the rear and muscle the slide stop to get it to return to battery. Not enough Lube or bad slide stop?

I use Kimber mags, but I would like to try another brand.. not sure which though?

Any ideas? I am still rather new to the glorious 1911.

-D

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
You could also try some other mags. This has cured many a 1911 malady. Have a friend who even dedicates particular mags to particular pistols because of this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts