1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I do not post often but wanted give my take on A&G. I know Al has been around for a while here on the forum and many of you may have dealt with him in the past.

Ordered a Bull Hide Belt for my Kimber sitting in a Galco Scabbard. I am new to owning a 1911 and buying accessories for it. Never owned a Gun Belt before and after reading many different post and searching the Internet I chose A&G. Many Emails back and forth between Al and he helped me get the right one. He also did a Eggshell finish to match the holster.

I am the person that if a company treats me right I will tell everyone I know, same with poor service. Seems most of the time it is only the bad Experiences people talk about.

A&G's Website

http://www.agcustomgunleather.com/

So here are a few Pictures of the rig.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great... local to me too.

So, um, what is the review? Do you like? Comfy? Sturdy? Nice?
Doh...

Guess that would help, had to run and got in a hurry.

The belt is very sturdy and well made. After wearing it a few days it is starting to fit like a glove. Holds the pistol snug and secure. The only thing I will change is to a black buckle.

To me the price was very good as well compared to others I researched that stated mostly the same features.

I think one of the biggest reasons I went with A&G was Al, he really was the deciding factor. Al told me he would make the belt however I ordered it but advised me on what he felt would be the best choice for me. To me I got a very nice Belt that fits and matches great.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Just curious... did you get any options other than a standard black belt? You mentioned going back and forth with e-mails, options you'd be happy with, etc, etc. Just wondering if there is anything not evident from the pics.

Overall, it looks like a very nice belt. Just doesn't appear to be any different than his 'in stock' type items. I may be missing something though - Anyway, nice rig there sir.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have a belt from Al as well. I have been wearing mine since July 2009 and it is still just as nice as it was when I got it. Still firm and no unusual wear. It holds my Kimber SIS Ultra in my Milt Sparks VM II very snug. The price was unbeatable, the customer service was top notch and the shipping time was unbelievable. I am happy to see that Al got his site up and running because I am going to order a brown belt in the very near future.

·
Banned
1,538 Posts
I agree with all of the above. I received a brown quick ship belt from Al and have been wearing it daily for almost a month. He is a great person to talk with and when the belt arrived it was one size too small. Sent it back and before he got it I had the replacement on. TRUST with a capital T. If you want a different colored buckle, just send him yours and back comes the one you want. A wonderful way to do business and Al will be receiving some more of my $ soon for a black one. I have a Milt Sparks black belt and between the two......really no clear winner to me. The ones he makes up for same day shipping are identical to the others but only in 3 colors. Can't beat that service. I found that he makes a functional and wonderful piece of equipment................TW

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have 4 of Al's belts so far and might be ordering another soon. I just ordered a black Axiom and if my current 1.5" Beltman doesn't work in the flaps I will have Al make me one in 1.25".

Al's work is outstanding and his customer service is even better.

I have 2 belts from The Beltman. Jim is great too, don't get me wrong. However, Al has my business from now on. I have just had a really good experience with him lately and he is local to me ... which helps.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
We have been talking about the great belts Al makes a lot over on the GeorgiaPacking Forum. You can't take all the credit Vol as I did find him here first hanging around here in the 1911 forum. Al was just searching for a way to let all his Georgia Neighbors know he made some of the best gun belts on the market today and he found that when we introduced him to GeorgiaCarry.org and GeorgiaPacking.

I'm not sure when I first found A&G on here but my first post about them was back on Sept 29, in the topic Looking for a new Holster for an XD-9. I bet that Al's business has been booming ever since.:rock:

I know I sure do like my Black and Brown Gun Belts from A&G!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts