1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I ordered some to try.

Will post the results once I receive them.

I plan on using my NRA or my Trump 2020 Hat.

:)

Personally, it is my opinion these would be more effective than the worthless cloth or Level 1 Surgical Masks.

Paired with a properly fitting and donned, doffed and decontaminated N-95 Mask it might actually prevent passing of the virus.

·
Premium Member
7,770 Posts
The funny part is that the Dept of Health here says that wearing shields “is an acceptable alternative” to a mask. Well, so much for the idea that a mask has to be properly fitting and “tightly seal” around your face to be worthwhile. Which is it going to be this week CDC?? This will certainly stop the droplets from the guy that spits in your face though. :biglaugh:
I totally agree that the hat part would be cool! Maybe a hat that says “Trump says shields are cool, masks are for losers”. People would piss themselves!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
None of this makes any sense except in the political sense.

But I have a friend who has the virus, and from her description of it
I'm pretty sure it's a real bitch.

·
Premium Member
7,770 Posts
Yes, some get it and its pretty uncomfortable. So is the flu that gives you pneumonia.
Not to make light of your friends situation, but more than 99% of folks don't experience squat.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them in, and immediately tried it out.

They slip on easily. Fairly comfortable.

Easy to switch from one hat to another, easy to disinfect.

·
Banned
73 Posts
COVID isn’t real. Just an election year. Only thing I’m curious about is what are MLB players forgoing $8 million paychecks because of the fake news, but we going to send kids to school with no testing?

·
Registered
49 Posts
COVID isn’t real. Just an election year. Only thing I’m curious about is what are MLB players forgoing $8 million paychecks because of the fake news, but we going to send kids to school with no testing?
If it's not real why would you worry about kids getting tested? If it ain't real and goes away in November won't the kids be fine? You know I bet it's not far to think MLB players just need a break, or maybe there is some realness to the global pandemic

·
Banned
73 Posts
If it's not real why would you worry about kids getting tested? If it ain't real and goes away in November won't the kids be fine? You know I bet it's not far to think MLB players just need a break, or maybe there is some realness to the global pandemic
Sarcasm.

·
Premium Member
7,770 Posts
It’s so stupid. It’s like testing kids for the cold. Now, The NY Times is throwing out an article that says kids carry the disease at an alarmingly high rate. Kinda coincidental that they find this out right before school is getting ready to open. Total made up BS. Just another tactic to screw up the economy and way of life up to the election. Factoid:::Texas has been largely ignoring the mask “law”. Yeah, signs are posted and people are flipping the bird to “the man”. At present, the mortality rate in Texas is at .019%. If you figure half of those are crap, you have .0095%. Heart disease alone in Texas claimed three times as many deaths in 2017. Hmmmm, how many of those are now Covid?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I’m curious.

As the debates continue about when or if to restart schools, and in some instances this raising the issue of Teachers believing it’s too dangerous for them to return to the Classroom, how is it that Daycares have remained Open and it’s not too dangerous for Daycare Workers to be in close contact with multiple children on a daily basis?

This also leads to the question, how many teachers have had their own children attending Daycare while schools were closed down?

·
Premium Member
7,770 Posts
The lazy ass liberal teachers don’t want to go back to work! Their two hours of online classroom is a vacation. They still get paid. Why would they want to go to work and put in a full day? They stuff their kids in daycare so they can run around and play all day.
I am making a generalization because my wife’s daughter in law is a teacher in Chicago. Liberal to the core and has stated exactly what I mentioned. She is exposed to more people with her daily “lifestyle” than she could ever be in a school setting.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Here in Italy things are getting a bit better, this COVID 19 arrived here from China brought by a German businessman that stopped in Milan, although the first two cases of the 2020 COVID-19 were confirmed only on January 30, 2020, when two tourists from China tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus in Rome. An outbreak of COVID-19 infections was subsequently detected on February 20, 2020 starting from 16 confirmed cases in Lombardy.

If I'm not wrong about 246,000 positive cases have been recorded and so far about 35,000 people have died, while over 6,635,000 swabs for the virus have been carried out.
We're still compelled to wear surgical masks while in shops buses and trains.
Even at the range you're supposed to have your mask on, and if you add shooting glasses and Peltor earmuffs make your shooting really difficult especially with the Summer temperature of these days (about 40°C 104 °F)

·
Premium Member
7,770 Posts
I’m afraid the virus was in Italy far before January, you just didn’t know it yet. Aerial footage showed jammed hospital parking lots in September 2019 in Wuhan. Averages for the previous three years showed far less. August 2019 also showed a huge uptick in internet searches for “dry cough”, “fever” and “dry cough associated with fever”. Oh, it was there......it was here too. The lying little commies didn’t tell us until they thought they had to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts