1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put $50 down on a WWII model over a week ago at a shop here in northeastern Pa....and the owner told me a couple of days later that the distributor had them on back order...and still hasn't gotten them in to this day!!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

:barf: :bawling::mad: :p :biglaugh: :D :grumble: :hrm::mummy:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Wow, I hate to think what shape you'd be in if you had been waiting for 3 months for a LT Compact [like me]. In fact, it'll be another 6 weeks until I have it...if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brrrrrrrrr!

Wow! That was better than mine! Anyone else have a horror story to tell? Like "I got mine today.....but all the shops were out of .45 ammo! I have to wait till Tuesday to go shooting!!"

:biglaugh:

Relax, it's Halloween ;)

But I hope the factory ships more of them out soon. I understand they shut down earlier this month to take inventory...is that really true?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Since you asked, I bought my first 1911 in May, sent it back twice (6 weeks a pop), and on the third time was granted a swap for the LT. That was in August. First I was told late Oct., now it's late Nov. Who the hell knows.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Salt in the wound

I believe they will. They have exhibited good CS thus far.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I hope it works out. At least it's only been a week so far. If it had been two months, I would be worrying!

Andy

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, two months?

Actually, I was kinda tempted to take the XD40 or 9mm in lieu of the 1911. My dealer had them for $400 and a few bucks. I'm still new to auto pistols. I only own one other, a FEG PA-63 in 9x18. I think I'll start another thread for that.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
There are only a few auto pistols that feel good in my hand. The XD is not one of them. 1911 certainly is. The mil-spec you can have for about $400. It's your basic no frills setup. Of course there are myriad enhancements and upgrades (after all it's a 1911).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Editorial License used wisely

Thanks to the Powers-That-Be for changing the thread name. I'm sorry if the old one was mis-leading. This is a better title.

(Gee....I kinda feel like Orson Welles now, if you get that. :biglaugh: )

And thanks for the advice here and in my other thread!!

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
JimNepa, Start reloading and you don't have to wait to shoot. I have to wait til sat to pick up my new Gunsite, so I'll be out in the shed this week 'loading up enough' to give it a prper break-in on sat, a clean-up, then shoot pins with it on sun Tracy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts