1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TO: John Walsh,
Dear Mr. Walsh, I would like to thank you for turning a personal tragedy into a venture that has removed many criminals from the streets of our nation:
I was disappointed however to see that you agreed to be recognized by the Brady campaign for comitting to keep America's streets safer:
http://www.bradycenter.org/donate/events/2007/la/
The Brady campaign works doggedly to try and disarm the law abiding public, hardly an episode of your show goes by where I don't comment to my wife that "It's too bad the victim wasn't armed, he/she might have had a chance to defend themselves against the killer(s)."
I would hope that you would take the time to research some findings by professor John Lott on the benefits of an armed law abiding populace, and read the statistics on states that have passed concealed carry laws, the results are astounding mind you, more often than not, stories where an armed citizen prevails over an attacker receives little to no press attention.
Sarah Brady has turned a tragedy in her life into an obsession against legal gun owners, you have turned your tragedy into an obsession with getting bad guys off the street, and there is a great gulf between the two ideologies. I would hope that you would reconsider any future association with ardently anti 2nd amendment organizations.
Sincerely, name withheld
Gilbert Az.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here! Here!
I too agree, and wish Mr. Walsh continued success.
Sarah Brady should take a page from John's book, and channel her energies to a better cause.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If he were pro-gun, would he still have a network program?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for John Walsh (and his family) that would not change whatever his views are regarding gun control, but what from that blurb says that John Walsh agrees with everything the Brady Center thinks or does?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I suggest do some checking into the Walsh case

From what I recall, the child was left alone in the Sears store, while the parents were off to "other activities". I seem to recall that he tried to sue the sears store for negligence, but had to drop the lawsuit when certain details about their "activities" were revealed. This is not what I would consider role model behavior, or television star material.

Blaming others, and not taking personal responsibility seem to be exhibited -again.

Brady seems to have made a lifetime out of making decent firearms owners pay for some nut case that should have been locked up.....

·
Registered
225 Posts
major caliber said:
From what I recall, the child was left alone in the Sears store, while the parents were off to "other activities". I seem to recall that he tried to sue the sears store for negligence, but had to drop the lawsuit when certain details about their "activities" were revealed. This is not what I would consider role model behavior, or television star material.

Blaming others, and not taking personal responsibility seem to be exhibited -again.

Brady seems to have made a lifetime out of making decent firearms owners pay for some nut case that should have been locked up.....

+1 :grumble:

·
Registered
166 Posts
"Other Activities?"

I bite. What are the "other activities?" The story I have heard is that they left Adam alone watching other kids play video games and he either left the store or was kicked out of the store. I am aware of the dismissed lawsuit. I think the person who is to blame is the person who severed Adam's head and left it in a canal.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Other activities

Has to do with that birds and the bees stuff, which takes more time do then a parent would want to leave a child alone anywhere.

Similar as if Senator Craig went to a washroom to practice on his stall tapdancing, then complaining that someone stole his luggage during his long absence, then blaming the airline for not protecting his abandoned luggage.:rock:

·
Banned
8,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When his kid was abducted, the world was quite a different place than it is now. At about the same time my wife was in a department store and turned her back for just a moment and our son disappeared, everybody was looking for him, but he had pulled himself up inside a circular clothes rack and nobody could see him, it seems he wanted to play hide and seek...man he was a brat back then...

At that time, I could see how one could lose their kid because it happened to me, fortunately no predator was lurking nearby. The parent does bear the responsibility of keeping an eye on their child, but the blame goes to the murderer.

I haven't received a response from AMW, or John Walsh.

·
Registered
670 Posts
We need to call/write our local stations and tell them we won't watch his show any more and also call/write his advertisers to let them know we will shop elsewhere! if he wants to turn his show into a political statement, we should oblige him! We need to spread the word to all the forums we visit:rock:
Sam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts