1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some "cheap" American Arms .45 bullets fron Natchez Shooters Supply. They shoot alright but when I went to reload them my primers are real loose in this brass. So much for saving 50 cents... I'm trashing this brass.

·
Registered
246 Posts
After trying to load this crap in every caliber they make, I now sort it all out and toss it in the junk brass bucket before it contaminates my entire brass supply. Also, I found out early (unfortunately in a critical duty auto match) that the 9mm stuff can't be depended on to function in my P7.

We all oughta stop buying or using this stuff so they'll go outta business!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The headstamp says A-MERC followed by the caliber. Its total trash, so if you are buying bullets to reload later don't buy this junk.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I picked up some of this stuff, empty cases, in 38 Spl and 9mm at the range. Primer holes in some were not centered. Also case wall thickness at the mouth of the case is pretty slim. I've not had good luck reloading empties for 45 ACP... thin case walls.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I found that I could sort the A-MERC cases out simply by eyeballing the cases in a good light. This stuff has an almost pock-marked appearance; the brass isn't really smooth. (If it were a paint job on a car, you'd say it had an "orange peel" finish.)

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Let me add my name to the list of people who think A-MERC brass is junk. Of all the brands it is the one that is consistenly bad.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
What they said... I toss it.

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had read about how bad this brass was, so when I bought some once fired with about 6 rounds in it I just threw them out. Well it had 7 in it and it was easy to find the 7th among my reloads as there was no way i could make it function.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My only experience with this brass is that it will never, never drop into a case gauge. Everytime one has gotten past me it and ended up being reloaded, it ends up in my bucket labeled "Hot Rejects". I don't know what they are mixing with the metal but it must be cheap!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
My experience with AMERC is bulged cases at the bottom of the case. After a few stuck bullets - to the point of having to hammer a dowel rod down the barrel - I too toss these on my first sort. They never make it past the tumbler stage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts