1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Word on the street is there's gonna be a new 1911 released this month by one of our favorite manufacturers! Who could possibly be entering the 1911 market? None other than SIG Sauer/SIGArms, that's who! As a SIG lover and a 1911 lover, I will likely buy one of these SIG 1911s. I just wanna know how many of you out there would entertain the idea of buying a SIG 1911?? There's a lotta hoop-la going around at the SIG Forum about this new pistol. There's 2 indurty personnel that participate in the forum, and they've all but announced the arrival of this new 1911. Apparently it is priced to sell at caround $900. Considering SIG's record for quality, do you guys think this would be a fair asking price for a 1911 of SIG quality, or will the majority of you laugh it off and spend your money elsewhere? I just wanna get my feelers out or what the feelings about sucha pistol would be. Please give me your input!
Street
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
If it has sig reliability, it'll put Mimber and SA to shame. I hope it works out since I love my other sigs. I wonder if it will have the teathing problems that seem to come with all new companiew and their 1911...recalls ect. I hate to wait for a year and let it get smoothed out when it is something I really want, but I don't want to end up like the S&W owners that got their guns recalled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
i wouldnt push it outta bed....but id have to handle it, see it, shoot it to be sure...aka yea i would buy one:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Is it really a 1911 or just the shape of a 1911 like the Para's? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it be double action, which IMO isn't a 1911 regardless of its looks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
FedDC said:
If it has sig reliability, it'll put Mimber and SA to shame. I hope it works out since I love my other sigs. I wonder if it will have the teathing problems that seem to come with all new companiew and their 1911...recalls ect. I hate to wait for a year and let it get smoothed out when it is something I really want, but I don't want to end up like the S&W owners that got their guns recalled.
"end up like the S&W owners"? Hey, it ain't like we got herpes from it, ya know. S&W found a problem and made it right. That's what you want when someone finds they made an error, isn't it?Maybe they should have been like Kimber and deny everything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
Hum a Sig 1911..................

Sounds like it might be a god Christmas present in the works :)




And Yes S and W had a recall, but they admitted a problem and I had my pistol back in under a week. I call the good customer service.



Stacey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW....

SIG wouldn't dare put out a pistol that hasn't been tested for thousands of trouble-free rounds. It's not their style to put their reputation on the line for just another 1911 pistol. We are talking a single action 1911 that should be mostly standard, exceptions might be an external extractor and the slide design (profile) might be different. I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't have soem silly FP block like the Kimber 2's, Series 80s, S&W 1911s. I have been pondering for a while now what my next pistol would be. So far it has been between a Sig and a 1911. This may be my answer! Word on the stret is that it will be available with many different options as opposed to a standard set of features like the S&W 1911s.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
to me, it is about as exciting as a Beretta SAA, and I wouldn't buy one of those either. I will stick with my Colts thank you, and if I want to own another Sig in 45 it will be a 220.

It's kind of like all the foreign bikes trying to copy Harley, no matter how hard they try and no matter how close the look, it just ain't a Harley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
It's funny how the producer of some of the most reliable semi automatic handguns with one of the best out of the box DA triggers ever made (which still pales to a good 1911:D ) should resort to marketing 1911s. It seems it would have been easier to convert their very fine model 210 to handle .45 ACP. I'd probably save up to buy that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,947 Posts
If it works like a 1911, and looks like a 1911, I'd give it some serious thought. Gotta look at it first and see what they've done to old slabsides....... Hope it's a winner. I have no regrets with my SW1911.

Regards,
Sam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Hempy said:
Is it really a 1911 or just the shape of a 1911 like the Para's? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it be double action, which IMO isn't a 1911 regardless of its looks.
What about Paras, IYO, disqualifies them from the "1911" name? They aren't the only one to use a ramped bbl, or a double-wide magazine, or the Series 80 FP block, though they might be the only one to use all three. (Unless you're talking about the models with the LDA trigger, in which case I agree with you.)


D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Re: FWIW....

StreetSweeper said:
SIG wouldn't dare put out a pistol that hasn't been tested for thousands of trouble-free rounds. It's not their style to put their reputation on the line for just another 1911 pistol. We are talking a single action 1911 that should be mostly standard, exceptions might be an external extractor and the slide design (profile) might be different. I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't have soem silly FP block like the Kimber 2's, Series 80s, S&W 1911s. I have been pondering for a while now what my next pistol would be. So far it has been between a Sig and a 1911. This may be my answer! Word on the stret is that it will be available with many different options as opposed to a standard set of features like the S&W 1911s.
I haven't yet made up my mind about external extractors, but I hope it keeps the same slide profile.

Assuming they incorporate a FP block (which I'm guessing they will, being a European firm, assuming this "SIG 1911" isn't just people blowing smoke), would people prefer they license the S80 system, license either the Kimber or S&W system, or design their own?


D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
Why not just wait and see if SIG actually markets a 1911, and if so, then determine its merits or lack thereof. I doesn't make sense to me to prejudge an unseen new product, regardless of whether its a 1911 SIG or a rumored new offering from Colt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
hjk said:
Why not just wait and see if SIG actually markets a 1911, and if so, then determine its merits or lack thereof. I doesn't make sense to me to prejudge an unseen new product, regardless of whether its a 1911 SIG or a rumored new offering from Colt.
Oh, but dOOd, this is the internet!!! :biglaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
I hope it's a hi-cap model with a polymer frame. I would hate to se another single stack, steel frame 1911 entering the market. I want something modern and wicked looking, like the USP45F.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Go to Sigforum.com for pics already released. Ugly with a capital U. It's shocking Sig even did this..very disappointing. I will stick with the Colts.
 
1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top