1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new/old Thunder Ranch. It is one of the first 100 w/ the Novak sight and small, Colt style thumb safety. Allan of Allan Yoast Firearms found it for me "new in the box". I love this pistol! I can't wait to break it in.
As this is my first post(I have been lurking a long time) an intro seems in order. I am a former police patrol supervisor and SWAT team member and have been carrying 1911's for 21 years. I had some health problems a couple of years ago and was forced into early retirement but I still go to the range as often as possible.
I am looking forward to getting to know the folks on this board.

·
Registered
510 Posts
gunfighter45 said:
I just got my new/old Thunder Ranch. ........ I can't wait to break it in...........
Superb 45's, no doubt about it. But he ships them VERY tight... realize reliability may be a challange till you hit ~1000 rds.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Trs

What .45 Auto had you been carrying when assigned to SWAT? The Les Bear is very hard to beat. Great value, craftsmanship and good quality small parts. Funny, but Tennesee seems very fertile ground for good training for what I read. I believe a few members serving in the Mid East today had been Tennesee trainers and former police officers. NATIONALMATCH

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I carried a Novak built Colt GM as a "back-up" to my issued S&W auto. And yes, there are some great instructors in middle and east Tn

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
boom and the door goes flies off!

Gunfighter45: I read about a Tactical Explosive Entry school operating in Tennesee a while back. For some, this sure seems a little exotic. My last jobs team only had portable rams. Yes, we had original, real deal World War 2 era .45 Auto that the US Army left us. But let's face it, when the door is down and rushed, I would rather be behind a Body Bunker Shield and weilding a .45. Les clumsy (pun intended) then exposing yourself trying to point an M-16. NATIONALMATCH

·
Registered
224 Posts
SCULLY said:
Welcome aboard , and very nice find . You said you have been lurking for awhile , you should know better then , where's the DAMN pictures ! :)
+1!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts