1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With my critique of some recent photos of fine shooting irons in the tailgate of trucks, next to blended Scotch and plywood work benches, I was called out by John to post a pic.

Gear:
- TRS (like new, only 500 rds through it)...
- Milt Sparks VMII with sharkskin, naturally.
- Chip McKormick Mags.
- Misc kydex (plastic) mag pouch.
- 230gr Hydra Shoks.
- 16 year Scapa single malt Scotch in my special etched decanter...
- One finger of the nectar in a matching crystal delivery device (neat).
(all ammunition had the projectiles pulled, powder dumped and reassembled so as to satisfy the Internet Safety Police).

I carried the gun today, but the booze stayed home.

So there.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I’ll drink to that.

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
Blended Scotch....

They still make that???

I still think a TRS is the best looking 1911 made.

Nice.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Awesome decanter. What is the etching design?? I was at a holiday party this evening and they didn't have any top shelf Scotch for my enjoyment. We have to watch, word is going to get out that we are having too much fun on this subforum! Awesome picture - and you brought out the leather! I am exhausted so I will chime in more tomorrow when my brain feels together.

Btw... That TRS doesn't have a speck on it... do you even shoot it? Oh yeah, I went there.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Awesome decanter. What is the etching design?? I was at a holiday party this evening and they didn't have any top shelf Scotch for my enjoyment. We have to watch, word is going to get out that we are having too much fun on this subforum! Awesome picture - and you brought out the leather! I am exhausted so I will chime in more tomorrow when my brain feels together.

Btw... That TRS doesn't have a speck on it... do you even shoot it? Oh yeah, I went there.
The logo is the crest for 12th Marines - "Fidelity Honor Valor" with crossed cannons. The set (decanter and 6 glasses) was a gift from the officers of the Regt for my departure from Okinawa this summer after three years. Lots of wonderful memories, but I guess they were happy to see me go ;)

As far as the gun being clean (for a change) goes, I'm carrying it so it stays clean. Switching to the Monolith and CQB for a while for training...

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
Pure class, just pure class. And switching to the Mono...oh, yes!

With admiration,
Rick

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well, I said I would chime in today when my brain feels like it was more together with things. Newsflash, however, it does not. So I apologize in advance if my post seems disjointed and non-coherent. It's just one of those days.

Matt, fantastic decanter and set. I was admiring it late last night. I will agree with Rick, too... that is a classy picture right there. And switching to the Mono and Wilson... don't tease me with a good time!

It's funny, I was talking with my lady-love last night at the party and we got briefly into the topic of finely-crafted liquor. She got me that bottle of 18 yr old Glenfiddich. We've also previously discussed me enjoyment of the shooting sports and competitions, and close shaves (and muscle cars-I am a gearhead too), and she doesn't quite get it. You just have to decide what your finer things are and appreciate them. Life is quite short and you have to enjoy it while you can.

On the other hand, however... now I feel the need for another Baer and a decanter... and some more ammo.

Now, while I don't want to hijack the thread, I wonder if we shouldn't start a new thread for 2014 of pictures of Baers with "the finer things."

I'm just blabbing here, don't mind me. Yet, in my busy day today, I did manage to sneak time in to make a firm plan for the range tomorrow morning. Oh yes, same outdoor range, same beautiful Baer, and the weather is supposed to be nasty. Oh, and 500 rounds. :D I'm excited! Let's let the Baer play hard out in the snow!

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good points all. Agreed on the thread, use this to kick it off, or start your own. Have fun shooting this weekend!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Beautiful, Coltman, awesome post! I think we should carry this one on... any pictures of a dirty pistol, by chance? I'm going to post up some new ones of my girl dirty, clean, and in some leather tomorrow.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Beautiful, Coltman, awesome post! I think we should carry this one on... any pictures of a dirty pistol, by chance? I'm going to post up some new ones of my girl dirty, clean, and in some leather tomorrow.
I don't have any dirty one's like Matt. My custom carry just isn't that type of gun to let me take pictures being dirty.

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
I think there is something wrong with those guns...they look like they have actually been used (gasp!) :rofl:
news flash...newsflash: Baers are meant to be used. And that's classy, too!

Totally like the Southern version of class. There truly is no one way to be classy. And those well used and cared for blued Baers are in a class of their own...beautiful.

Used and sometimes useful,
Rick

·
Registered
590 Posts
news flash...newsflash: Baers are meant to be used. And that's classy, too!

Totally like the Southern version of class. There truly is no one way to be classy. And those well used and cared for blued Baers are in a class of their own...beautiful.

Used and sometimes useful,
Rick
I thought you guys would enjoy my daughter's minnie mouse place mat.:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts