1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing the LGS yesterday in search of a full size 1911. Wasn't sure what brand I was going to get, I just knew I wanted another full size. After browsing them all I saw a two tone one that caught my eye. I asked if I could take a look at it better. As the guy was picking it up he said this should be with the other Colts. My eye got real big as I realized it was a Combat Elite. It had a price tag of 1149 and after haggling I walked out the door with it for 1150 after taxes and a box of ammo and background check.

I took it to the range and fired off the box of ammo after a quick cleaning. Had no issues with the gun. So far I'm loving it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fine looking piece. I hope to stumble across one of those when I go shopping this weekend.
Thanks. And good luck. My shop also had some special run talo. Not sure what they exactly were but they had nite sights and a price tag of 1399. Havent been put out on the selfs yet

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The shop has a special turn table display case that has kimbers on one side and colts on the other. Then all the other brands are in the counter. This one was in with the other brands. I guess someone messed up. He saw it and was going to move it to the display case with the other colts.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Congratulations on a great find. In 50 yrs of buying guns I have only been so lucky with a stumble once, all the rest of my stumbles involved ice or stairs.

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
Stopped in to my most local GS . Just to see if they had a LW XSE Commander or a Combat Elite and I'll be darned if they didn't have both ! Now I need to decide which one I want!

You got a beautiful pistol there sir! What are your mabin desires for this gun? Carry? Shooter? Competition? Safe queen?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Congrats! I find it strange also that ponies tend to follow me home, too. :p

Stopped in to my most local GS . Just to see if they had a LW XSE Commander or a Combat Elite and I'll be darned if they didn't have both ! Now I need to decide which one I want!

You got a beautiful pistol there sir! What are your mabin desires for this gun? Carry? Shooter? Competition? Safe queen?
In a word - both!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was looking for a shooter. I bought a harley this summer and sold a few guns. Moslty my fullsize 1911's to have funds for upgrades to my harley. The only full size I had left was my sw E series. I think it is one of the best looking 1911's I've ever seen. It's now a shelf queen and doesnt come out except for show. so I wanted another full size that I could count on to be a shooter.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Well done! I wish I could find one so it would follow me home.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts