1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I purchased the above listed SA and I have a dumb question for you. . .

When did SA goto the ramped barrel? I'm thinking it was due to the battering that the aluminum alloy ramp is prone to receive, but I could be mistaken.

Oh yeah, with this FLGR, can I just drop in one my heavier recoil springs without mishap? Or is there a "special" recoil spring that needs to be purchased?

FWIW, I am NOT a fan of FLGRs in the 1911, if there was too be one in it, John Moses would have installed it!

Thanks for the time.

Derek

[This message has been edited by viesczy (edited 09-25-2001).]

·
Registered
838 Posts
There are a lot of things about my new Springfield I love that John would have never thought of. Making improvements doesn't take away from a good design.

Ambi safeties, Tritium sights, funneled mag well, and one piece barrels come to mind.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
...but what is it? Those #s don't mean a thing to me...Is it a full-size lightweight?

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by saluki9:

Ambi safeties, Tritium sights, funneled mag well, and one piece barrels come to mind.
Sure. The safeties, night sights and mag well are external modifications done for the user's desires. Two piece barrels are perceived as inferior so a one piece is used.

I have not seen a set of night sights cause a user to learn a new break down procedure though!
FWIW, I remove the slide 'fore I break it down into its seperate components. Chasing a recoil spring across creation because it slipped out of oiled up fingers is not my idea of Saturday afternoon fun!

Derek

·
Registered
838 Posts
Point taken, I almost took out $1500 worth of TV the first time I stripped my 2001 Loaded.

Missed the screen by half and inch, put a nice reminder scratch in my 36" Sony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts