1911Forum banner

a question for you 1991 experts

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RickB 
#1 ·
at this weekend's upcoming show, i'll be shopping for a new colt 1991A1 . i would rather have the new roll marked model , but if the price was right i'd consider the older marked pistol. am i correct in asuming that all of the new roll marked 1991's have the extractor made from bar stock material ? also, did some of the later, old roll marked guns have this bar stock extractor ? if so , without removing the extractor while inspecting a weapon, can 1 tell if it has the new bar stock or older MIM type ?. i;m also open to your suggestions & advise on which model would tend to have fewer probems ( i. e. plunger tubes, reliability, etc ) thanks much for your help.

#4 ·
CastleBravo said it pretty much in a nutshell.

#6 ·
My circa 1998 gun had a casting of some kind; was Colt using MIM then?
Two of my friends have NRM Gov't Models, and they are MUCH nicer, than my gun was. Mine made a nice base for a custom, but the new ones are nice, as-is. Mine has a loose plunger tube.

#8 ·
DJ's Loan in Bothell had one as of about a month ago.

#9 ·
You might try Wades in Bellevue....that's where I bought my NRM Govt model about a year ago.....don't know if they have any in stock now however. Another thought is Adventure Sports in Lynnwood.....I saw a WWII model in there a few months ago....but don't know if they have any NRM's right now.

#10 ·
DJ's; it was hidden on the far left side of the display case, next to fifteen Kimbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.