1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, Cindy called me this morning, and asked if I would be so kind as to post a statement from her for her. I just received it in my e-mail, and what follows is directly from her.

Mikey

-----

October 1, 2001

The Forum:

Yes, there is a Cindy at Colt’s. I would like to have addressed the Forum directly, however as Mikey mentioned, we are very busy at Colts and the e-mail generated would over-whelm our system. I do want to let you know that you are all equally important to us at Colt’s and we appreciate your interest and comments. I will continue to read the Forum.

Sincerely,

Cindy at Colt’s

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Wow! First contact with a rare and seldom seen animal! I still think she may be imaginary. She could reply to the forum without email flooding Colt's system as you don't have to post your email. Then again, any of us could get a logon name of "Cindy from Colt" for a while as without a return email, no one can really check up and see if Cindy really is part of Colt.

I think a legend may be brewing...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya know, 2x0spy... you could just call Colt and ask for her... she's a really nice, albeit extremely busy, gal.

Mikey

101 Posts
Originally posted by Steelharp:
I do want to let you know that you are all equally important to us at Colt’s
Cindy:

Forget about it. A romantic relationship between us is entirely possible, but I'd only be using you for your access to Colt firearms at an employee-discounted rate. You deserve better than this. I'm sorry it has to be this way.

Rob

[This message has been edited by In service to His Majesty (edited 10-01-2001).]

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
Hey guys.....
Steelharp is not pulling any legs here. Cindy is for real as I too have spoken with her. Hey, it's just good to know that the people at Colt care enough about their customers and their product to peruse the 1911-Forum. When a company looks for feedback from their end users that's a very good indication that Colt wants to put out the best product possible. Keep up the good work at Colt.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by shane45-1911:
Maybe Cindy should register here!?
We used to have Mark655 from Colt, I think we overwhelmed him. It would be nice if gun companies had a dedicated internet guy, perhaps just to handle email and simple web site updates. I don't think Colt even has a posted email address.

Oh, and we still got that new rollmark 1991 :p

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Back when lawmen carried wheelguns, at least 90% of them were 4" Smith and Wessons. A status symbol of a savvy cop during those days was the act of filling one's duty holster with the finest DA revolver ever crafted....The Python.

Those were the days.

------------------
"I would like to see a restoration of a Constitutional Republic, with the federal government defanged, muzzled, shackled and cast back into its constitutional prison." - Noumenon (From FreeRepublic.com)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Maybe we should walk softly here. If Cindy were to start posting here she would be Colt's only point of contact for a bunch of Colt enthusiasts and we would all hang on her every word, flatter her outrageously, send her flowers, wine and our last boxes of WW2 vintage hardball in an effort to coax information out of her. Before the month was out we would want her to autograph our 1911A1s with a carbide scribe before she mailed them to the dealers. In a year she would replace Jeff Cooper in the hearts of 1911 fans. Eventually, someone would sweet talk her into marriage, the rest of us would go off to join the French Foreign Legion and boom, no more 1911forum. (No internet in Algeria). No, I think that Cindy should remain shrouded in mystery. Sort of a Royal Blue Dhalia.

In all seriousness, imagine the load of responsibility on Cindy to be the represenative of Colt to the World Wide Web. Everything she said here would take on added signifigance and be examined for hints and hidden meanings because of where she works. There are companies who maintain a web presence, Sal Glesser posts in the Spyderco forum for example on bladeforums, but he owns Spyderco, no one is going to blame him if he lets something slip or says something that ticks off a potential customer. Cindy is answerable to Colt's management for anything she says about Colt as a Colt employee even on her own time and her own computer. With luck someone at Colt will see her participation here as a good thing and authorize it and give her some guidelines on how to represent them. I think that it would be a great program for Colt, and a lot cheaper than catalogs and postage.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Inspector Harry C.... I dunno, I carried a 4" S&W as a LEO for 15 years before we converted to the Glock Model 22 in .40 cal about 6 years ago... and never once hankered for a Python. For me it was always simple - finest made auto (Colt 1911!) came from Colt and the finest made wheel gun (S&W Model 14 6") came from S&W. Shot lots of Pythons but never thought they were worth the extra money. Just my 2 cents.
NAA.

------------------
Colt 1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
141 Posts
NAA, my thoughts exactly..if you want an auto loader..BUY A COLT.......
It you want a revolver...BUY A S&W........
Simple....

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, Cactus... I knew someone would figure it out...

Mikey

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
NAA and gunny6: I appreciate your opinions on the 'best' revolver issue. But even with the experience y'all have had, you still CANNOT change the fact that select lawmen of yesteryear carried the Python as a status symbol. The sight of that Royal Blued Colt in a duty holster SAID something about those guys. It is a fact you cannot change. You can try to wish it away but it won't go.

In a world of S&W revolvers, those few personally owned Pythons made a statement indeed. That is something that can't be denied. The extra cost, sure that's a factor. But those extra bucks always proved "worth it" to me. I have always been able to shoot my Python more accurately than even the finest samples of slicked-up Smith and Wessons.

My Python isn't a status symbol however, it is a range gun. Of course I'm not an LEO and this isn't 1975.

Cheers....Callahan

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought Inspector Harry Callahan carried a S&W mod. 629 .44 Magnum?

[This message has been edited by Marbo (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
COOL!

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

IF IT'S NOT A COLT, IT'S JUST A COMPROMISE!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Inspector.you got me on that one..I was a law dog in the early 60`s, bought a Python for $97.50,"I think" with my LEO discount, carried it on the day shift in a Jordan River Belt and Holster..way cool...But my turns on graveyard found me with a Browning HP in a cross draw rig..Oh too be young and vain again..BUT your right, I was looken good.....

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by Steelharp:
October 1, 2001

The Forum:

Yes, there is a Cindy at Colt’s. I would like to have addressed the Forum directly, however as Mikey mentioned, we are very busy at Colts and the e-mail generated would over-whelm our system. I do want to let you know that you are all equally important to us at Colt’s and we appreciate your interest and comments. I will continue to read the Forum.

Sincerely,

Cindy at Colt’s
Cindy, just so you know, you can register here, and choose to not display your email address in your Profile. That could limit the burden of email on the Colt's PTF email system, and also provide you, and the members a mechanism for communications.

Please feel free to contact me via Email if you'd like, or have any questions.

Thanks!

JayDee
Admin, 1911Forum.com

101 Posts
Originally posted by RonS:
Everything she said here would take on added signifigance and be examined for hints and hidden meanings...Cindy is answerable to Colt's management for anything she says about Colt as a Colt employee even on her own time and her own computer. With luck someone at Colt will see her participation here as a good thing and authorize it and give her some guidelines on how to represent them.
You're right. That's why I believe she cannot post here. If she were to drop the most innocent comment in a reply like, "Yes, Mike. I agree. Bringing back the Official Police would be a great idea."

The rumour mill would be on overtime. The buzz making the rounds at gun shops and gun shows would be "Colt is revivng the Official Police." Every small comment would be interpreted as the official policy of Colt. And if this were the case, Colt can accomplish this at its website.

Cindy must remain a lurker only.

...Sal Glesser posts in the Spyderco forum for example on bladeforums, but he owns Spyderco
Yes. It's cool when owners get involved. The McMillan family, formerly of H-S Precision and now of McBros, used to post regularly at rec.guns. I'm not sure if they do still.

Take care,
Rob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts