1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading through a few threads, and I noticed something that caught my attention.
Do any of the DW pistols include a light rail?
I personally, would like to see a DW 1911 available with a light rail, and checkered front strap.
I currently own a DW Pointman 10mm, and would like to add more of your 1911's to my collection...regardless of whether they include these features. But...I would be very interested any future models that do.
Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You raise a good and valid point. Many of the smaller semi-autos especially those with polymer frames are now molding the frames with "light, or tactical rails". The nomenclature seems to vary from user and manufacturer.

Someone at SigSauer must have read your thoughts. SigSauer has recently announced a stainless 1911 style pistol that has a machined tactical light rail. My understanding is this will be manufactured in Exeter, NH, currently in .45ACP only. It can be seen on their webpage.

Makes me wonder if a military contract for a .45 ACP might not be in the offing......Berretta....what are you up to?
For the good folks at DW, this person just gave you a "heads up" and a wonderful idea for an "option".
Pretty soon you are going to need a special order shop for custom builds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts