21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
+1 Chief. It needs to be compiled & stickied. Tracy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Would if I could chief but I'm at work and don't have the capability on this computer. I'm lucky to have email and the "net" and enough time from my duties to confab with ya'll a bit.
Anyone want to take a shot at putting all this together?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes we have now we just need SOMEONE put put this all together and I vote for you using an MS Excel spreadsheet format.
Chief-7700
I'm a geek I'll do it in my off time. May take me a little while though. Expecially because there are so many duplicates.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Gun Geek,

Thanks, after you compile and post the complete list, I'll copy and save the complete list like I did with the one I posted. :D Tracy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey, geeks rule.
Yea it will take some time but will be greatly appreciated by all.
Thanks from all of us who haven't learned all this stuff yet.

·
Registered
710 Posts
One more acronym...

The latest and greatest definition for SWAT (usually called special waepons and tactics)

SWAT -- Sit, Wait And Talk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank goodness!!! I’ve found the decoder ring. Someone needs to add all the abbreviations for the forms of carrying; those still get mixed up in my mind at times.

·
Registered
513 Posts
IANAL- I am not a lawyer...

Usually stated before a poster gives "advise" or their opinion on a legal matter.

·
Registered
651 Posts
KISS= Kept it Simple, Stupid......... there may be more out there.
Chief

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Sometimes this might apply.

URO-DW

U Requested Opinions-Don't Whine

IMA
Kurmudgon

edit: spelled my name wrong.....blame my finger?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Can anyone explain what is meant by the term "BBQ Gun"?
I've searched, but can't figure it out.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
BBQ Gun=tastefully fancy pistol. Something to wear with pride at a gathering where open carry is the rule.

Historical examples might include a engraved, bright nickel Smith and Wesson revolver in a floral carved Sam Meyers belt/holster rig.

If you look for posts by greyson, you'll find acouple BBQ-grade 1911s,

·
Registered
294 Posts
BBQ Gun=tastefully fancy pistol. Something to wear with pride at a gathering where open carry is the rule.

Historical examples might include a engraved, bright nickel Smith and Wesson revolver in a floral carved Sam Meyers belt/holster rig.

If you look for posts by greyson, you'll find acouple BBQ-grade 1911s,
Thank you ... whoda thunkit?

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
There various grades of BBQ guns.
The top of the heap are those that would be worn/carried at the Govenor's BBQ. Fancier engraving, ivory stocks, not limited to S&W revolvers; blued Single Action Armies, with silver or gold chased full engraving, blued or silver plated 1911s, fully engraved with silver and/or gold chasing. The ivory stocks should be scrimshawed with a tasteful design. The belt and holster can be made of exotic leather, such as elephant or shark.

The step down is the BBQ gun and holster rig describer by the previous poster. This would be worn to a Mayor's, Chief of Police's or Sheriff's BBQ.

The bottom tier is a pistol with mininum engraving, exotic wood stocks and a plain River belt with a Threepersons' holster. These guns would be carried at lesser important people's BBQs.

All Riiver or Ranger belts should have silver belt buckles and belt loops, to be totally into the BBQ gun thing they should be engraved to match the gun carried.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
What does "EDC" stand for? I understand what it means...I think...a gun that you carry off-duty or concealed, right? I know a BUG is a back-up gun, so is the EDC the primary carry gun as a civilian or off-duty LEO?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts