1911Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,613 Posts
What does "EDC" stand for? I understand what it means...I think...a gun that you carry off-duty or concealed, right? I know a BUG is a back-up gun, so is the EDC the primary carry gun as a civilian or off-duty LEO?
I'm sure glad you asked that. I see the term in a lot of posts, and although from the context it's used in, one can assume it pertains to a CC weapon. But, I've not been able to find exactly what it stands for.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I'm sure glad you asked that. I see the term in a lot of posts, and although from the context it's used in, one can assume it pertains to a CC weapon. But, I've not been able to find exactly what it stands for.
I was reading a thread here in a different section, and the poster made reference to his "every day carry" gun...so, I said "AH HA! EDC = Every Day Carry!" :rock: (Well, actually, I just thought it...and then came here and typed it.)

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Member Distinction

Just curious, what's the difference between a Member and a Senior Member? And please don't tell me age. I'm turning 60 in September, God help me.:biglaugh:

·
Retired Administrator
10,798 Posts
Member = 45 posts

Sr. Member = 1911 Posts

How about that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
New Thread

Go to the category that applies to your thread topic, and once there, look for Forum tools near the top right of the list of threads.

It is a pull down menu, so select New Thread, and post your topic.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,334 Posts
i looked through the lists and didn't find what i was looking for. Can anyone help me with WWB?
:biglaugh: Winchester White Box available at Walmart.

LOG

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I was re reading through this thread and I didnt see it, maybe I missed it

I didnt see

EDC= every day carry

Someone had mentioned at one time to compile it all into one sticky

My idea is to have a moderator to update it as needed as well

Sounds like a great idea

·
Registered
120 Posts
Didn't notice these 2

DILLIGAFF
KORA

If you are a hard hat wearer, it would be ashamed to not display each of these.

·
Super Moderator
14,613 Posts
Sir:

What is a "bump"

what is "thread hijacking"

Thanks

Sam
I'm not "sir", but since almost a full day has gone by and no one else has answered your questions, I'll give them a shot. :)

"Bump" is most commonly used in the Want to Buy or Want to Sell section. Many times someone will list something for sale and days will go by with no response to the original post. Then the original poster (or possibly someone else) will "bump" it back to the top of the thread listings, by entering a "bump" post....or BTT (back to top)......or something similar. This is done to keep the thread at the top of the listings, thinking it will get more exposure.

"Thread hijacking" is when someone enters a post in an existing thread which introduces a new topic other than the once the original poster (OP) started, or which takes the thread in a new direction. For example, a few days ago I started a thread about "expected life of an extractor". If someone had posted to that thread, "well, what's the expected life of a sear?", that would be thread hijacking. If it's a different subject, start a new thread.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
I have seen the abbreviation WWB in reference to ammo. I assume that means Winchester white box. The Winchester USA "generic" looking ammo. Is this correct? I did not spot it in all the postings of the many abbreviations used here . I usually am able to add up the point of the posts and context the abbreviations are used and get the point but the reference postings are very helpful to remove any doubt. Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
This thread hasn't been alive for a while but I'll throw in a suggestion that I have used on some of the other forms I visit.
If you use an abbreviation in a post, it would be nice if the first time you would spell it out followed by the abbreviation in parenthesis. ie:
Full metal Jacket (FMJ)

41 - 60 of 84 Posts