Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gun Bashing

I got annoyed enough at the Baer Bashing that I finally decided to register; and then decided to let the numbnuts who do it display their juvenile brains for what they are. In fact, bashing Baers, or Wilsons, or Kimbers, or SIGs or whatever, is all the same.

Joe "the Expert" presumes to tell us all the truth of all things. This brand is great, the other brand sucks. This design is superlative and that over there is dumb.

I've never had a bad Les Baer. But I can't swear that nobody has had a bad one; I'm not God and cannot know these things for a certainty. On the other hand, I have yet to meet anyone who actually owns a Baer Custom who had a complaint. It does make me suspicious.

I've had good Kimbers, good Springfields, and bad Colt Series 70s and good Colt Series 70s and on and on. I suspect everyone has a lemon now and again; I know my work is not perfect and I'm pretty anal about handing over things that prove inadequate to the task.

The main thing is that I like what I got and the envious little weenies who just have to bash it all seem mostly to be gunsmiths, or friends of said smiths, who are pushing their work as "the best." And this is human nature, I think - one of its least attractive aspects but human nature nonetheless. It is the kind of behavior that we invented the word "sin" to describe.

There are going to be people who like Wilsons better, and still other people who think that any gun that costs more than $700 out the door is a ripoff. By and large I hope I'm getting to be mature enough to realize that the people who have to trash something they don't have are suffering from Sour Grapes or some other defect of vision. Nobody's stuff is uniformly superlative or uniformly unsuitable unless they are making guns from zinc castings. Everyone else is at least trying to do a good job and even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.

So, while I'm posting this here, peace to all members of this forum over the Holidays, and may we encounter fewer bashing nitwits in our reading :cool:

·
Premium Member
20,405 Posts
You Baer Boys are a sensitive bunch! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
83 Posts
man seriously like two days ago!

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Re: Another Troll

ElrodCod said:
Probably the same guy as on the other thread.
I don't think so, the written English is much better. Let's give the person another chance. We have lots of members who seldom if ever post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
TO ALL OF THE CRY BABIES, THIS IS SO SIMPLE , ANY THING THAT IS MAN MADE CAN HAVE PROBLEMS,DONT MATTER IF ITS A CAR,TRUCK,OR GOD HELP US OUR WEAPONS.DONT MATTER IF YOU SPEND BIG BUCKS OR LITTLE BUCKS ITS JUST A FACT.

IF YOU APPROACH THE MANUFACTURE IN A CALM STREIGHT FORWARD MANNER THE ODDS WILL BE IN YOUR FAVOR TO GET THE PROBLEM RESOLVED. I'VE HED PROBLEMS WITH REMINGTON.MARLIN,WINCHESTER,RUGER,KIMBER BROWNING SAKO,AND EVERY COMPANY TOOK CARE OF ME A FEW WENT WAY ABOVE FIXING THE PROBLEM.HAPPY SHOOTIN.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
hooligan, no need to start another thread to say that.

And please, DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS.

JF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.