1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all;

I've been reading lately about the lead time for holsters from Milt Sparks. Just for the record, I received my VM-2 today and the lead time was MUCH less than the recently quoted 10 to 12 weeks. The holster itself is phenomenal. I didn't think that an IWB could present a much thinner profile than that of the EX, but this one does. Great construction and it just about disappears under even the thinnest of shirts. Thanks to Tony and the rest of the crew at Milt Sparks. Great products and excellent customer service.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
Milt Sparks makes one great holster. I wore out three of them. I really like the Heritage. It is an inside the waist holster with a neoprene liner. I would sweat throught the leather to the gun and that liner would solve the problem. I found out after I wore out two summer specials. Sparks stands by their products too.

Sparks is a great line. You can try Alan Yoast (512 247 2049 or email [email protected]) as he is a Sparks dealer and may have what you want in stock. Alan is great to deal with.

I handle the Rosen line and have a decent stock on hand but nothing other than the 1911.

Be safe and keep the brass flying.

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

[This message has been edited by PT-Partners (edited 02-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by PT-Partners (edited 02-10-2001).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sean…Glad we were able to expedite your order sooner than our estimated time frame. Doesn’t always happen, but when we do manage to beat the clock, we come out looking like heroes to some.

Never liked telling people they have to wait for our stuff, but we have been backlogged since Milt first hung out his shingle some 30 odd years ago and judging by the volume of last month’s orders, (yikes!) our backlog isn’t going to change anytime soon.

Though, for those who haven’t received their orders yet, not to worry. The guys are in high gear, OT mode right now and are already scanning the gun catalogs looking for those new toys to spend their extra earnings on.
Should get a lot done in the next month, so keep those orders coming.

Thanks,
Tony

------------------
Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc
www.miltsparks.com
[email protected]
Second Best is not an option

[This message has been edited by MSH (edited 02-10-2001).]

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just ordered a VMII for a Makarov. This is the second VMII for me in the last 3 months or so. You don't get $200.00 from me for junk. I think the Sparks line is great.

Ok guys, I just gave you a good plug. Don't suppose that's gonna get my order out any quicker is it?

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Hey Tony, A belated Welcome to the board. By the mark on my Watch 6, it was done by you. I really like that holster, BTW.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
Molon Labe

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited 02-25-2001).]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great to have you here Tony. I have used Sparks products for several years along with other " big names ". They are simply the best! And their service is superb!

·
Registered
75 Posts
At Mr. Peters' advice, I called Allan Yoast yesterday. A black horsehide VM-2 for my Pro Carry should be on my doorstep when I get home in an hour and twenty-one minutes...not that I'm anxious to get my sweaty hands on it or anything.

Jarhead out.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I have a Sparks Ex Companion. I wore it the other day and I think it is the most comfortable IWB hlster I have worn. IWB holsters tend to dig in when you sit down. The large fairing on the Ex comforms to the body better and there is no abrupt change at the muzzle of the holster when you sit.
Jerry

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have a whole bin full of Sparks Leather, my kids just lost my 1st 55BN (getting my son used to 1911 stuff).

Any how, just ordered another 55BN from Allan Yoast today.

------------------
" You should not copy others, but use weapons which you can handle properly" Ibid

http://www.lameyknives.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
After test driving a Watch Six for a week, I called and ordered one yesterday, along with an IPD. Now I just have to try and forget that they have been ordered.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got my third order in the works for Tony right now. I love my two VM2 holsters. Since I received the first one, for a full size 1911, I've been hooked. I look no further than Milt Sparks for my holster needs now. Tony is a pleasure to deal with and a true gentleman. He's got my business for life.

Bob

------------------
NRA, Life Member
GOA
IDPA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts