1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Pro Carry II and carry it in a Comp-Tac ghurka, a kydex IWB design that works really well. Several hundred presentations later, the finish is not too worse for wear. Guns are tools, not jewelry, no matter how pretty they look out of the box. The advantage of the Pro over the Classic is that it occupies less of your pants and clears leather faster. In your hand it shouldn't feel any different other than perhaps weight or balance. Enjoy your new hardware, I have.
Eventually you may want to look at the many excellent .22 conversion kits out there for the sake of cheap practice. Nothing can help you master trigger control like a tack driving .22

www.comp-tac.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
If the holster you tried marked your gun that badly, it was a poorly fitted holster. For our enlightenment, what brand and model was it? We can add your experience to our knowledge base. You aren't being too picky, Jethro. You're just being picky about the wrong things. If your holster left such a scuff on the trigger bow, then it may actually be cheating its way to some form of better retention. The speed of the presentation and the quality of retention should be your bigger complaints. I tried to baby my first combat handgun too. Go to a class with John Farnham to get over it. Seriously, the only thing that matters is function. If I wanted a sexy gun I'd go to Toys'R Us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.