1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Hello, I have a Pro Eclipse. I made the mistake holstering my new Eclipse in a Kydex holster. The black oxide didn't hold up to one trial fit. I was sick!
I spoke with Dennis at the Custom Shop and he told me to only use a suede lined holster.
Dennis also told me to send the pistol back and Kimber will refinish the gun under warranty. (plus $25.00 return shipping)
I sent my gun on a Thursday and had it back the following Thursday. Great Service!
So, to make a long story short, Only use suede lined holsters to protect that beautiful finish.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Ok guys, I got the hint. I guess I'm a little too picky. Anyway, the mark on my trigger guard was all the way to the metal. Not just a mar or scratch.
The refinished black oxide does appear to be better, I hope.
I bought the Pro Eclipse not only for function and features but also for the beauty. If I didn't care about beauty I would have bought something else. And like all nice things I buy, I take care of them . Ten years from know my Eclipse won't look like one that is abused. And yes, I do carry and shoot my guns. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Hello, Bodine here. The holster was a Blade-Tech IWB. I used a Blade-Tech for two years with my Glock 27 and loved it. I think plastic on plastic is ok but leather on metal works better. The Blade-Tech uses the trigger guard as the retension. Anyway, to each his own.

I took a class several years ago and the instuctor yelled "DROP THE MAGS!". I had a hard time letting a hi-cap mag fall from my Glock, but I did. This is to make a point that I know the program.

I didn't buy the Pro Eclipse for personal protection, carry, to protect my family, etc.
I have a Pro Carry for daily carry(Galco Belt-Slide holster-finish still looks good after alot of presentations), a shot gun for home defense, and an HK G3 for other purposes along with other guns of likings. I bought the Pro Eclipse MAINLY because of the way it looks and standard features.

If you want to criticize me for buying a gun just for the looks, go ahead. I'm not be the first.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Well, one thing for certain, we all like guns!

There is always something to learn, that is for sure.
This is why I'm here on this site. To learn and maybe share what little I might know.

Everyone be safe and have a great Thanksgiving! Bodine.

[This message has been edited by Jethro Bodine (edited 11-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jethro Bodine (edited 11-21-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.