1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this board. I am about to purchase a new Kimber Pro Eclipse II in the the next couple of days and I have a few questions for anyone who might have insight a newbie could find useful.

I have read some posts on this site and others that say while Kimber products are of very good quality for production pieces there are the occassional oversights in the factory quality control processes. I am not overly concerned about getting a lemon but, I thought there would be some great suggestions that could be gleaned from others more experiecned than my self with Kimbers as to what to possibly watch out for when inspecting the gun prior to handing over my cash.

Also, if anybody has anything to say about how the finish on the Eclipse holds up or has seen a increase/decrease in night sight failures in more recent production units I would be interested in hearing about that as well.

Thanks alot and sorry for the loooooong post!

------------------
b-shooter

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post! If anyone has anything else to add I'll take it.

I am pretty excited as this is a huge upgrade to the Ruger Mark I I have used for years for target shooting (can't beat a .22 for a cheap shot (no pun intended I swear!...kinda). I now want a protection piece for carry and the Ruger is definitely no the equipment for that job. I have shot the Kimber Classic and it was great -- just too big to carry for me anyway. The Pro Eclipse however seems to be fit my needs (and look cool doing it) and my hands better than any .45 I have held. Now I just have to get out of the office on time in the next couple of days so that I can get to the shop before they close.

Thanks again everyone for the replies! I will have to post a range report later and let you all know how it all goes.

------------------
b-shooter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.