1911Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting checkering, high grip cuts, and finished in black. Already have a fitted barrel and trigger job, courtesy of a local retired AMU gunsmith. Anything else?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Welcome icon480! How about a serrated flat top and a 1-piece magwell by Smith and Alexander? I think that would look good. That is what I would do, along with what your are already getting done.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Had the exact same thing done to my MC Operator. Only thing I would also suggest is a Mars magwell mainspring housing with recessed lanyard loop. Either you can blend it in or have the shop do so. 10-8 rear sight and magazine release button with mil-tech grips.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
How about carry bevel.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Personally, I feel the whole serrating top of the slide thing to really serve no purpose, but if you like the look, it's your pistol so go for it! :)

And I actually don't like making the slide stop flush with the right side of the frame either, I like having a nub there since that's where I put my trigger finger when I'm gripping the weapon but not ready to fire.

I do like how SA custom made mine, so it still sticks out, but not as much, only the curved part sticks out, not of the "rod" part... Kind of hard to explain, lol.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Can they remove those god awful ugly forward cocking serations :barf: If they can let me know and my lwt operator will be going in shortly.

·
Registered
508 Posts
LOL, I think I'm going to add some front serrations to my Mil-Spec just to spite all of the people who hate them with a passion, haha. Just kidding man...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Like taking an old friend to the airport with a one way ticket!

I'll feel better when its all over mine has been at SA for a week, I just miss the damn thing (TRP) I dont even care about the mods much anymore(not) but am getting real tired of lugging my SIG239 around like its going to help.
If I only get 8rounds in either I know which I'd rather have.

MERRY CHRISTMAS. Gents

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question:

I'm looking at the Springfield website, and I am curious, what do they do if you provide the parts? Do they still charge the same amount listed on the worksheet? I'd like an EGW ejector and extractor installed. What is the deal if I already own the parts I want on it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No idea. I'm just gonna put parts in and on mine and send it in. Gotta wait on a package from Brownell's before I send it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Call or email them and ask. :) Only real way to find out, they'll probably give you an exact estimate for the cost to do everything you want. Might as well get other things done while it's there.

@Hammerdrop

That's why I made sure to have at least 2 1911's before I send any in, lol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did ...

Call or email them and ask. :) Only real way to find out, they'll probably give you an exact estimate for the cost to do everything you want. Might as well get other things done while it's there.

@Hammerdrop

That's why I made sure to have at least 2 1911's before I send any in, lol.
I was told to call back after CHRISTMAS and that it was there. I knew it was.
I used to have several 1911's but was forced to sell them to pay bills .
I am Blessed not bitter.
But that 239 is my wifes ...c'mon it was embarrassing enuff to say it was a 239 much less say it was my wifes :grumble: !

Michael

1 - 17 of 17 Posts