1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again all. i'm wondering what i could do to make my 70 series colt lwt commander do better on the range. it has the standard guts: no flgr, low sights, original bbl bushing. should those be the items to change to improve the accuracy a bit? my pro carry shoots a helova lot better than it does, but i want them to be comparable. it's almost not fun to shoot it (please forgive me...and no, i won't sell it
). please help me again folks. thanks for your time.

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Shot lots of Lightweight Commanders--the only problem was me, not the gun. Never saw one that would not shoot. Current one will put them all on an action pistol target at 100yds. GLV

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
BOLANTEJ, The best thing you can do to increase accuracy is have the bushing replaced with a fitted match bushing. This isn't a very expensive job, and will give you the most bang for the buck without going into match barrels etc. I'd also suggest you replace the sights with something that's more visible (particularly if you're a bit older like me!).

------------------
Don Williams www.theactionworks.com www.pickagrip.com

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Try a 2# heavier recoil spring and start dry-firing every day with it...After you get 1000 pulls done, I bet you'll be surprised how much better you shoot it...also...stop shooting your steel pistols 'til you get through this. That'll help as well...If the bushing helps, then try it from a bench to see if it's the pistol or...something else(hint...hint)...You'll get it...They are a LOT different shooting aren't they? You'll be back in love in no time at all...

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot all. i'll see what i can do. maybe it is me, after all....i haven't been out to the range in a good month or so. a wilson bushing is on it's way, so i'll see if that helps.

------------------

·
Registered
136 Posts
I put a drop in wilson match bushing in my SP milspec and it helped a good deal. You need a bushing wrench to strip the gun down but no big deal. I have the one from brownells it's aluminum and won't mar the gun.

Damn, now I want to go shooting!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it should be here by next week. i also ordered a flgr to try out and a drop in beavertail. that darn grip safety was just eatin' me up too much!

i'll let you all know how well it shoots when i get to the range....i want to go shooting too.

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts