1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wilson's seem to achieve accuracy at the expense of their sensitivity to ammo selection.

I have Colts that are not as accurate but will feed rounds that are on Wilson's nont recommended list.

Two questions:

1) Is this simply related to having a tighter chamber?

2) Is there a semi-cusom 1911 in production by another manufacturer that has a reputation for both accuracy and a lack of sensitivity to ammo selection?

·
Banned
537 Posts
I've had several Wilsons, Browns and Baers and have never had any sensitivy to different ammos through any of them. I've shot quite a bit of WW white box, American Eagle ball, Hydra-Shoks, Golden Sabres and countless rounds of 200 gr.swc reloads. Maybe I've just been extremely lucky?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
SA:
I like gpo1956, have also shot a variety of different manufacturers ammo, and I prefer to use the factory Remington, Winchester or Federal loads. Although some of the cheap stuff and reloads may or may not function properly on occasion, in my experience some of the cheap ammo has usually been extremely dirty to shoot. Thus more possible fouling to contribute to loading and ejecting malfunctions.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I believe that most of the semi-custom makers have a recommended ammo list. Not cheap ammo, but why would you want to throw the dirty stuff down the barrel after spending that kinda money on the gun?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts