1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any dealings with these guys? either see any of their custom work and/or their finishes? I believe they're best known for their finishes, but they also do gunsmithing work.

www.apwcogan.com

·
Registered
281 Posts
Had a gun built and finished by them. The finish was excellent but the gun went full auto a couple of times.

Bob is a great guy and is very helpful. They stand behind their products and was willing to fix it at their expense.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
I am impressed with their work, and their service. Bob is a great guy to deal with and I can fully recommend him to do whatever you want done. :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
I had some revolver work done by them years ago and they did great work. I have seen some 1911 pistols work done by them and it looked great and owners were very happy with it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I live in Tampa and saw them at the last gun show in Pinellas County (right across the bridge from me). They had a whole bunch of guns they had done. I was extremely impressed. I'm gonna have my Colt Official Police hardchromed by them when I get a little extra $.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought a Delta Elite that was not in the best condition, Cogan tuned and tweaked it to perfection. Also did a beautiful brushed flats/matt rounds hard chrome refinish. It runs great and looks even better. I highly recomend APW.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I hope they do great work and re-finishing, I sent them a BHP a few weeks ago to have the slide to frame fit improved and to have it hard chromed.

I will have the gun back in a week or two and will let the forum know when it arrives.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody know if they do ground-up builds? I like the idea of their matte hard-chrome, and I'd like to just have them build the whole damn pistol all at once if they can.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
They will build just about anything. I have shot (and owned) their full house (ground-up) race guns. Bob was going to build a compensated Walther P38 for me before I came to my senses.
ML

·
Registered
29 Posts
I lived about a mile from their shop when they were in Florida and took a bare bones 1991a1 blued colt 1911 there. Had them hard chrome it and add several custom parts. It's the prettiest and most accurate handgun I own. Still shoots great 20 years later. Highly recommended

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
They will build just about anything. I have shot (and owned) their full house (ground-up) race guns. Bob was going to build a compensated Walther P38 for me before I came to my senses.
ML
It's been over 13 years since I made this post.

Now, I want one.

ML

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Holly smokes! 2003????? Where is the record book?

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
.....and it would appear that the op was banned in 2006......

·
Registered
452 Posts
I had him build me one before he moved. No quality control. Some kind of scratch prior to chroming (scribe or vice), STI emblem buffed almost all the way off, slide lock engaged without mag inserted, and thumb safety is purely cosmetic (switches off when I pull the trigger). I had to pay for a new slide lock. Based on the pushback I got on the slide lock, plus me having to pay for a new one, I'm going to send to another smith to get the safety fixed. I would never send another gun to them and I will never recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Bob has built and finished guns for me since the early 80's,never a problem.If you want good work at a reasonable price and fast turn around he's the man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts