1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, this hobby is addicting, and expensive to keep up!

This is 1.5 months of getting into this new found hobby, and after recently turning 21. I'm definitely now in the poor college student category.

Still not near anywhere near most of you guys and gals though collection wise. But I'm hoping to "slowly" build upon it. :)

Here's the two pistols I bought the first month.

Everything

Top Shotgun is mine, 12 ga. Remington 870 Wingmaster w/ 28" barrel.

Dad owns the bottom one, Beretta 20 ga. 686 Onyx Pro.

I'm gettin' my dad into this hobby slowly but surely, I'm hoping he starts to get more pistols and rifles so he can hand them down to me later down the road :D

Well, happy shootin'!

·
Registered
363 Posts
"I'm gettin' my dad into this hobby slowly but surely, I'm hoping he starts to get more pistols and rifles so he can hand them down to me later down the road"

Hmmm....that may have happened to me. My 3 boys always encourage me to pick up a new handgun, and moan whenever I trade one! I am doing my best to wear out the handguns but I guess there will be plenty to split 3 ways when the time comes.

Good start on your collection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Why is you Sig laying there with the hammer cocked?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good looking weapons. Don't worry about the size of your collection. My collection started many many moons ago with the purchase of an old mossberg 500 12 ga I used for dove hunting. My collect grew from there. You'll do it the same way most of us did it, by buying, saling, and trading. Good Luck!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Another one bites the dust....................................!!!!!

Yep, your sucked in now, but be careful that you don't catch Garanditis. There is NO KNOWN CURE!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea I've purchased my 1st gun about 3 months ago, I just bought another one a 3 weeks ago. I'm now looking to get a rifle and a shotgun. It's a sickness I tell you, but a fun one. I'm going to be a very broke unemployed college graduate soon.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Yep, mine have come pretty quickly too.

SA Micro-Compact .45
CZ75B 9mm
Browning Buckmark .22

S&W 317 "kit gun" .22
Ruger Blackhawk .357
SA Mil-Spec .38 Super

Then my dad noticed my interest in auto's and gave me a Colt USGI .45.

Most recently purchased a Browning Hi-Power 9mm.

All of this in the course of about 18 months. 8 handguns.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts