1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - went to my first action pistol shooting last weekend and I am addicted. I did as well as I thought I would - quite well on 2 of the 3 stages, but 2 misses and a "bystander" hurt the score in the third stage. I feel pretty good about how well I did, but also have some good feedback and areas for improvement. A special thanks to John and Ben at River Bend Gun Club, what a great facility and an excellently run shoot.

For those of you who have not tried it, I would recommend it... :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
fun, ain't it:rock:

dj

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts
You wanna know how to make a small fortune from competitive shooting? Start off with a large fortune.

Like MSCOTT said, it only gets better.

I have been shooting IPSC and IDPA hard for 10+ years now. It is still fun.

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
in my life

For myself, other than family, there is only USPSA matches.....

"Hi, my name is Tim, and I am a USPSA addict"

A33102

woo-hoo! next match Jan 13; brrr.... www.gmps.ws

·
Registered
535 Posts
Only one bystander?

I had my first match a month ago and I got at least three. Next time, get out of the way. On the plus side, the regulars said my friend and me did well for first timers.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Right on! Keep it up. Safe, efficient gun handling is what IDPA and other shooting sports is all about. Your skills will come.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Bystander? Noshoot? I always thought I was supposed to pump repeated rounds in them till they got out of the way? :biglaugh: Congrats, and have fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Shot one USPSA match back in 1990 and loved it.. but time passed and other things came on the radar...

Now I'm back in baby.. Gonna be in Titusville, FL on Saturday.. Follow the sound of "Charlie Mike, Charlie Mike". That'll be my squad.

Gotta love it.

:rock:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shot one USPSA match back in 1990 and loved it.. but time passed and other things came on the radar...

Now I'm back in baby.. Gonna be in Titusville, FL on Saturday.. Follow the sound of "Charlie Mike, Charlie Mike". That'll be my squad.

Gotta love it.

:rock:
thats better than Delta
mike Delta Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts