1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have two handguns and I am considering whether I should Add Night sights to a 1st series Kimber Target model (currently has adjustable sights) and a Glock 19(currently has white outline factory sights???

I am presuming the answer to be yes, so then next question is what brand night sights to get?? Go with the Factory ones-Meprolight or Glock??

ALSO, what do you do once the "tritium" goes out?? Is the task of installing replacement elements one that can be done at home?? Thanks, Bill.

· Registered
502 Posts
Well, depends on what you want to do with the pistols. If you are going use it them for target shooting, no, don't install night sights. If you are going to use them for self defense or CCW, then maybe. I prefer 3-dot sights. They are easier to maintain and are more durable - downside, they don't glow in the dark. I apply glow in the dark 'Bright Sight' paint to my white dots.

If you are replacing the adjustable sight on your Kimber, you will have to get a special sight to fit the shape of dovetail and sight cutout. I believe Heinie makes one that fits. There is a sponsor link at the top of the page for them.

I don't think that replacement of dead inserts is something that can be done at home. I think you would have to send your slide in to have them replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.