1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by MarkInND:
I emailed Heinie last night and he said that at this time there are no sights that will fill the void of the adjustable, but he has gotten a lot of requests from Kimber owners for one. So maybe in the near future there will be an option to intall a fixed sight.

Mark
I wish I knew this before sending in the slide of my Custom Eclipse II. Ended up getting it back with no work done
. Heinie does not specifically state this on their website. Anybody else have other options? I need night sights and the Meprolights totally suck...

------------------
"Ain't nothin' like a finely-tuned 1911..."

·
Registered
195 Posts
Originally posted by Kevinch:

I was going to tell you that I thought you were confused; that the Eclipse had fatory fixed sights. Guess who was confused...

I'm curious, what is it you don't like about the Mepro sights?

Anyway, you can have night sight vials inserted into plain sights as jaydee mentioned. Depending on what you don,t like about the Mepro unit, that may be your best (or only) option for a Kimber slide machined for factory adjustables.
The problem with Meprolights is the front sight went dark after 100rds. or so and I don't want to send it in to Kimber and get it back only for it to go out again...

The Bo-Mars look great, and yes I've had them on my Glock and they take some good punishment. The rear sight on my Custom Ecplise II is fine. I wonder if I can get a front sight replacement with a tritium dot on it?

------------------
"Ain't nothin' like a finely-tuned 1911..."

[This message has been edited by Glock_Racer (edited 08-11-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.