1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to adjust the fixed rear sights on my Valor, need the gun to shoot to the right. Which way should I drift the sight? Thanks for any help, Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has the stock sights on it, but they are drift adjustable in the dovetail. All you do is loosen the 2 screws under the sight blade, and use a punch to move the base whichever way you need them to go.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Then if your are trying to adjust the gun to shoot to the right move the sights to the right..
Yep. BTW, I do this to all my 1911's. I sent thousands of rounds down the pipe, trying to determine what I was doing wrong...... At the advice of my buddy, I slid the rear sight to the right and BAM. POA = POI.

Wes

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rear sight in the direction you want the bullet to impact. Front sight in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Yep. BTW, I do this to all my 1911's. I sent thousands of rounds down the pipe, trying to determine what I was doing wrong...... At the advice of my buddy, I slid the rear sight to the right and BAM. POA = POI.

Wes
I'm guessing that was cheaper than having a surgeon adjust your eyes in your head?

:biglaugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts