1911Forum banner
121 - 140 of 193 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
And then again, a smart criminal will assume everyone is packing, and every vehicle could have a firearm left inside...

Well, as an old guy, I sure appreciate the 5.11 Apex pants for having stretchy waistbands and stretchy everywhere, with all those pockets with zippers... and I was wearing Ray Ban Aviators long before the country became acquainted with Sleepy Joe (oh, and I was onboard with Oakleys early on too). For some of us, it's nothing to do with impressing anyone, it's about comfort.

Why folks overthink that style of dress, brand logos and decals reflecting 2A support make them more of a target puzzles me. I will continue to go forth, boldly expressing my support for the Second Amendment and American values, publicly and without fear. Daddy didn't raise me to be a gray man.

(So, okay, if I go a couple years without posting to any threads in the forums, search the obits for an old retired military/retired cop who went out in a blaze of glory. Maybe there'll be a good story there.)
Absolutely agree. My wife bought me Propper Apex pants and shirts. I look like a long haired Marine. Not to make any statement other than I forgot all the freedom of those britches. I wore Wranglers blue jeans for years trying to blend in. Seemed to have freedom where I needed it. Then these Proppers showed up. Being a Disabled Veteran whose wife is also Disabled. Me doing the physical work of two people as best as I can. Not being wore out spending the day lugging and tugging on my britches for more room, is awesome.
And I will not forget the GI Jammies with belly band I wear around the house. Others have called these “styling sweats”. These are just as comfortable as my Apex type clothes. I already look like “prey” to the scumbag looking to do evil. So it matters not what I am wearing. I know my wife and my “situational awareness” helps prevent that. And of course my wife is a Retired Firearms Instructor as well. I do pray that the day never comes where some scumbag looking to do a dastardly deed chooses us. If they do........

Reactions: M1A1A and Bwompuss

· Registered
213 Posts
Absolutely agree. My wife bought me Propper Apex pants and shirts. I look like a long haired Marine. Not to make any statement other than I forgot all the freedom of those britches. I wore Wranglers blue jeans for years trying to blend in. Seemed to have freedom where I needed it. Then these Proppers showed up. Being a Disabled Veteran whose wife is also Disabled. Me doing the physical work of two people as best as I can. Not being wore out spending the day lugging and tugging on my britches for more room, is awesome.
And I will not forget the GI Jammies with belly band I wear around the house. Others have called these “styling sweats”. These are just as comfortable as my Apex type clothes. I already look like “prey” to the scumbag looking to do evil. So it matters not what I am wearing. I know my wife and my “situational awareness” helps prevent that. And of course my wife is a Retired Firearms Instructor as well. I do pray that the day never comes where some scumbag looking to do a dastardly deed chooses us. If they do........
And I almost forgot on the hood of my truck has this
Font Parallel Rectangle Signage Circle

As well as on my tailgate. And even though I am no Uncle Mas or Sheriff Wilson, my wife and myself are known in our town and surrounding communities. Leading by Example is one if not the hardest job I have ever had to do. Even though my wife and myself are retired, we are still ambassadors of the Second Amendment community. Being approached continually out in public is something not taken lightly.
I have no desire to “Go along, get along” with anti- Second Amendment.
However someone caring enough to seek education about a subject. As in my case firearms and Second Amendment, will gladly spend a few minutes with them. A lot of grocery store isle, parking lot conversions have happened. From my wife and my perspective where there are 1anti gun person running their soup cooler, there are 10 of us being silent. I do not know what it will take to finally stand up for our Constitutional Rights. Just keep chugging along learning and sharing beats the alternative any day

· Registered
14,686 Posts
Simplest advice is perhaps to be aware of your surroundings. After satisfying yourself that you understand your surroundings, then you are in a better position make a reasonable decision.

· Registered
7,850 Posts
what does a gun shirt say to an observant criminal? It suggests that the truck the dude got out of may have a stealable gun in it. So once that dude has walked far out of eyesight, it's time to bust in.
Or it might say, to an observant criminal- pick another truck- this one might cost me more than a misdemeanor.

In rural central Texas- the only question is whether a gun is holstered on the driver's belt, stored in the console- or both. No decals needed, a gun is already assumed to be there.

· Registered
213 Posts
Or it might say, to an observant criminal- pick another truck- this one might cost me more than a misdemeanor.

In rural central Texas- the only question is whether a gun is holstered on the driver's belt, stored in the console- or both. No decals needed, a gun is already assumed to be there.
More than 1 reason to move back to Texas for sure. 👍

Reactions: Bwompuss and M1A1A

· Registered
6,740 Posts
You know, as pro-2A individuals we've done such a great job of being 'invisible' that now, as a pro-2A community, we're so invisible that we've become nearly irrelevant. That's why anti-2A initiatives keep whittling away at us, one small piece at a time. We come across as being mere handfulls of throwbacks rather than as the legion we are because so many of us are too busy hiding in the shadows.

Hell, it's also the very reason why those corrupt SOBs at the helm of the NRA remain in place. Even they don't fear us because they can't see us. Our self-imposed 'invisibility' renders us ineffectual as a credible voice of opposition to the travesties foisted upon us on a regular basis. The few in the pro-2A vanguard are not enough. Everyone who's serious and not just talking pro-2A BS needs to stand up and do their part - and do it now. Besides, your invisibility is a fantasy. Those that really matter - the ones you should really be concerned about the most - already know who you are, and where you are.

· Registered
85 Posts
M1AIA ----------- Interesting thing that you said about living in an area where a Rolex or shirt gets you robbed. Yes, I do live in that area: It's Earth.

My particular neighborhood on this planet is very nice but we have have had creeps case our cars. Our last area (see Merc pics) was pretty decent too, but we had our share of scumbaggery there as well.

It's just how it is nearly everywhere. Even in the small rural towns of lesser-populated states there's local baddies, known to the cops, that do meth, oxycontin, and the thefts & crimes related to that garbage. That's why they HAVE cops ---------- and a jail there.

I've often seen posts here where people say "I keep a loaded gun at the ready in every room & an AR bedside" --------- But when I respond to those guys by saying that it would be wise to lock those up when they leave the house they respond with: "No need to, there's no burglars here"

No burglars? So the Gun At The Ready In Every Room is for.................. mice? Staying armed to that level is an admission that even your quaint Mayberry isn't perfect.

Look, all I'm saying is that we are armed, in part, to protect ourselves from criminals. And boasting one's possession of valuables to strangers is the opposite of protecting yourself.
Is it boasting ? I would not even know what a Rolex was, if it didn't have it written on the watch. lol Why buy a Rolex or whatnot if you can't enjoy having it ? I feel the same way about a firearm. I wish more people would open carry, IMO. I enjoy looking at fine craftsmanship. Just as your rides are appealing & enjoyable. Someone wearing swag does not guarantee they are armed or even own a firearm. I know a few prohibited people that wear swag all the time. And don't even own a firearm as far as I know. And they did not become prohibited by using a firearm. They do have some issues though. Some like the revolving door of JUSTICE. My brother is such a person. Drinking has been ruff on his life. I'm not going to let the criminals decide what I do in life. I haven't in the last 50 years. And I can't see a reason to start now ?

· Registered
948 Posts
You know, as pro-2A individuals we've done such a great job of being 'invisible' that now, as a pro-2A community, we're so invisible that we've become nearly irrelevant. That's why anti-2A initiatives keep whittling away at us, one small piece at a time. We come across as being mere handfulls of throwbacks rather than as the legion we are because so many of us are too busy hiding in the shadows.

Hell, it's also the very reason why those corrupt SOBs at the helm of the NRA remain in place. Even they don't fear us because they can't see us. Our self-imposed 'invisibility' renders us ineffectual as a credible voice of opposition to the travesties foisted upon us on a regular basis. The few in the pro-2A vanguard are not enough. Everyone who's serious and not just talking pro-2A BS needs to stand up and do their part - and do it now. Besides, your invisibility is a fantasy. Those that really matter - the ones you should really be concerned about the most - already know who you are, and where you are.
Right on!

Exactly what I've been saying. We've voluntarily silenced ourselves and allowed ourselves to be marginalized.

Did we even make a fuss when the FBI sent out a report stating as fact that white males who own firearms and have car decals and tee shirts saying "Molon Labe" are possibly MVEs - "militant violent extremists?" Nope. Did anyone here even counter publicly when the Southern Poverty Law Center announced that flying a Gadsden flag or sporting a Thin Blue Line patch or decal is a sign of possible (implying probable) involvement in a white supremacist organization? Not a peep mentioned here.

We cower and whimper like beaten pups, striving evermore to become The Gray Man, more concerned about having our trucks broken into or vandalized, losing a gun to some tweaker who breaks in or sneaks up on us, or worse, having some Karen or misguided BLM supporter denounce us in the Wal-Mart checkout line because our tee-shirt is offensive or racist to them.

If you are not alarmed at the sheer amount of state-level and federal-level legislative action in the works, or planned, to take away all your guns (maybe leaving you a .22 revolver), you are not paying attention. Hello, Illinois, Washington, Oregon, et al. If we were a visible, united movement (like LGBT, BLM, whatever) and had been out there, vocal AND obvious, perhaps things wouldn't have gotten to this state. Who knows? Live in fear of the jealous, the stupid and the criminals, but through silence, embolden the anti-RKBA factions.,

As I noted before, perhaps we should've taken a page from the LGBT rights/pride movement -- this supposed "minority" got in everyone's' faces for years, marched, demonstrated, made their voices known -- and what was once formerly thought of as a shameful perversion became normalized and mainstream.

· Registered
15,472 Posts
M1A1A ------- I actually wear my Rolex & Patek watches daily, including in the ghetto. But these are small vintage watches that look quite ordinary. Nobody knows what they are without a very close examination. But a Rolex Hat or shirt would out you as a likely owner, perhaps with one ON you, really quick. ---- So NOPE, not gonna do that.

Nor would I have a bumper sticker that says Gold Coin Collector's Club. It's just not smart.

Fletchero & marine.0311 ----------- Texas, with all it's armed citizens, still has a higher crime rate than CA or NY.

· Registered
19 Posts
I prefer the life of invisibility. I don't mind debating politics and belief systems with some not all family members or anonymously on the forums such as this one. Other than that I wear neutral tone and highly functional clothing, my truck has no stickers my kids are not allowed to wear clothing with anything other than dragons, unicorns or clothing company logos. My beliefs are mine and I am not going to make myself a target of potential violent attention by advertising them. USA is still a semi functioning democracy and I do my part to affect change when I head to the voting booth.
One of the best responses I’ve heard to a question of this topic…Carry on.

· Registered
948 Posts
"I prefer the life of invisibility."

Well, I don't think TR would have agreed.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

· Registered
85 Posts
M1A1A ------- I actually wear my Rolex & Patek watches daily, including in the ghetto. But these are small vintage watches that look quite ordinary. Nobody knows what they are without a very close examination. But a Rolex Hat or shirt would out you as a likely owner, perhaps with one ON you, really quick. ---- So NOPE, not gonna do that.

Nor would I have a bumper sticker that says Gold Coin Collector's Club. It's just not smart.

Fletchero & marine.0311 ----------- Texas, with all it's armed citizens, still has a higher crime rate than CA or NY.
I surely would not be going by numbers the Feds put out as far as crime goes. I bet they don't tell you if the criminal was a legal or illegal citizen. When you have how many illegals crossing the border a day. Do you think it may impact the crime rate ? And I bet they have no idea who did what on most crimes. Not really good to judge Tx with NY. There's quite a size difference there. And just how much crime is either of those liberal SH actually reporting ? NO ONE KNOWS. Kind of like their economy numbers. lol

· Registered
15,472 Posts
M1A1A ------------ Those are crime RATES per capita. So they are already Population Adjusted, by the standard aggregation criteria of incidents per 100,000 residents. So "size difference" between Texas and NY is not a factor.

And this measure is based on all crimes, by illegal aliens and citizens alike. If you wish to break it down further, Pew Research, Statista, DOJ, DOJ, and other public & private aggregators compile & publish this kind of data. It sometimes varies a little from one source to the next as not all timespans studied & criteria align. But the state-by-state results are fairly consistent.

As for "liberal SH" the most commonly cited Top Crimes Committed per capita is DC. A Liberal SH if there ever was one. So no, they do not appear to be gaming stats.

· Registered
213 Posts

😎

Reactions: Bwompuss

· Registered
15,472 Posts
I just checked: In CA illegals comprise 7% of the population.
In TX illegals comprise 6% of the population --------- (both stats per wiki / census data & immigration policy institute)

But despite it's 15% smaller proportion of illegal aliens, TX still suffers from a higher general crime rate than CA.

Far out, Man.

· Registered
14,686 Posts
Statistics can be interesting…and selected and used in many ways.

But it does appear that California’s gun ban/restrictions haven’t done much to prevent headline news stories of horrific crimes. If “assault weapons“ are effectively banned in California, it seems strange that there is so much media reporting (truthful or not) of “assault weapons “ being used in CA crimes.

And a lot of cars with California license plates are no longer in California…. they’re quite common in Texas, perhaps unfortunately.

And for thugs “honestly“ adhering to California’s “restrictions“ on “assault weapons“, there’s usually a hammer for sale at the hardware store. Even the Pelosis might confirm this.

· Registered
213 Posts
What’s the adage figures don’t lie. Liars make figures to suit an agenda. Maybe reading magazine articles about how much better California and New York with having less crime than Texas should fit the bill nicely.
Guess that’s why so many are fleeing those oh so safe states. The Gun Control agenda works so well.
I’m surprised that Illinois wasn’t thrown in to be safer than Texas as well. What’s next California, New York Illinois oh what the hell the whole country is safer than Texas.🤪🤪🤪😂😂😂 Definitely not my idea of fun and games.

· Registered
85 Posts
I just checked: In CA illegals comprise 7% of the population.
In TX illegals comprise 6% of the population --------- (both stats per wiki / census data & immigration policy institute)

But despite it's 15% smaller proportion of illegal aliens, TX still suffers from a higher general crime rate than CA.

Far out, Man.
And we have had 3 million illegals for 3 decades. And watch the news they all report pretty much the same BS. Why would that be ? Could it be they have a agenda ? Let me guess we had honest fair elections too ? lol C'mon Man.

· Registered
948 Posts
And for thugs “honestly“ adhering to California’s “restrictions“ on “assault weapons“,
To further contribute to thread drift, it now appears that the 72-year-old, Chinese immigrant, Monterey Park shooter used a semi-automatic "MAC 10" (illegal in California for the last 30 years) with 30-round mags -- 42 shell casings recovered. One news story stated he'd been arrested in the past for firearms violations.

121 - 140 of 193 Posts