1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firearm safety has been a concern of mine since I purchased a Springfield Armory GI .45 this past summer. Because I had no safe place to store the gun, I stashed it underneath my bed. Taking into consideration the circumstances, I feel as though the handgun needs to be relocated to a more permanent position that is coupled with safety and security and so I have decided to purchase a safe/vault. I do not want to spend anymore than 200 dollars and the safe/vault would be used to store my GI, the magazine included with the gun, and a box of ammo. Some of my concerns about purchasing a safe/vault are functionality, accessibility, and rust accumulation. I have turned to this forum several times before and the responses that I receive are knowledgeable and influence my decisions greatly regarding good gun practices. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess my question would be who or what are you securing the gun against ,my issue is children so I have a gun locker and lock the ammo up separately it was about 160 bucks good for keeping kiddos out of the guns not so good against thieves or fire.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts