1911Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
My MC Operator and Colt rail gun are both fitted with x300u lights. The Operator slide is currently being milled for an RMR. I’ve put Dawson rail adapters on the other 1911s I’ve wanted lights on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The only two 1911's that I have, one is a Springfield Range Officer Champion and a Sig Emperor Scorpion Carry. But neither have a rail.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sig makes some really nice 1911’s that you can find for a reasonable price if you look long enough.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Two of my three DW are “Damn Wessons”. One just came back from Nighthawk since DW wouldn’t fix my ECO. I will not waste money on shipping when the problems do not get remediated.

I gave up on production guns and chose NHC because an actual gunsmith will build or repair my gun. I am not getting a “technician”. I have had many 1911’s and only a few worked.

If I were going to get a production gun, I would look at the following list. DW is not on there since their prices are so high that I may as well spend 1/3 more and get a Nighthawk.

1) Colt Rail Gun. I had great luck with the XSE series and O1918 guns.
2) Ruger SR1911 Talo (Model 6715)
3) SIG TACOPS, Spartan or Scorpion.
4) Rock Island Armory

Ruger, SIG and RIA all have great customer service. They should be able to take care of you. Colt, not so much; Kimber has terrible service too. S&W is not on the list because they dropped their railed models, though I am sure S&W will support it (but buy the custom parts—they will eventually run out). Springfield completely sucks and never provided a 1911 that worked without two to four trips to SACS for repair.

While RIA is not the best, they certainly price their guns accordingly and do provide good service. SIG has never failed to fix a gun for me in one trip. They have always acted with consideration. They serviced my first P220, were careful not to mess up the trigger job and gave me a new barrel for free (despite the customer messing it up!). I mention these three companies not because they make the best production guns, but because they make useful products that they stand behind. If you want top quality, then you have to go to Nighthawk, Ed Brown, custom shops, etc.
Well said.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For the past year or so Ive been carrying two different weapons, a SIG P229 .40 and a Springfield TRP 1911 45ACP.
I am a big fan of the 1911 but the big issue I have is Im wanting to have a rail on my 1911 to add a light.

Springfield does make a TRP model with a rail but it has a bull barrel and Im not super fond of bull barrels but it could possibly grow on me if I bought one.

My question is, what do you own or recommend for a 1911 with a rail and standard GI guide rod? I am not looking for any particular brand at this time.

This would be for a TLR-1HL light.
Get a Rock Island Armory 1911 nice and new for maybe $700 seeing prices are crazy. Good pieces and fiber optic sights can't beat it with a stick

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the past year or so Ive been carrying two different weapons, a SIG P229 .40 and a Springfield TRP 1911 45ACP.
I am a big fan of the 1911 but the big issue I have is Im wanting to have a rail on my 1911 to add a light.

Springfield does make a TRP model with a rail but it has a bull barrel and Im not super fond of bull barrels but it could possibly grow on me if I bought one.

My question is, what do you own or recommend for a 1911 with a rail and standard GI guide rod? I am not looking for any particular brand at this time.

This would be for a TLR-1HL light.
I have a Ruger American Heroes edition, factory stock #6755. Has a rail and night sights from the factory. Also have the standard model #6700. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have jem whittling a rail out for me now, rail, tri top, rmr mount, full size, in carbon steel.
Some chain link here and their.
Kart n/m barrel and egw ignition.
few more things, will definitely not be a retro build! Nor a daily carry.

Should have it done in a year or so...lol

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
I don't like rails on hand guns, specially on a 1911, but this one of yours I LIKE !!!!
Thanks. I special ordered that one with all the stuff I wanted. I should post a picture with the light as well.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Springfield Long Beach Operator if it hasn’t already been mentioned! Or the S.A. MC Operator mentioned above.

EB77FC05-E030-4FC7-BDAA-E74F318162CB.jpeg

21 - 35 of 35 Posts