1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a S&W model 10 in a store the other day and it had a sight rib on it (aristocrat). Is this possible to do to a revolver that does not have adjustable sights to begin with? The install looks clean ans can be. The gun has a 6 inch barrel, and it is also pinned.

I'm thinking of building up a SA WWII to look like an old pre-war national match service pistol. Just for fun, what do you guys think? Was thinking of going with Kings hardball sights, C&S M Corps trigger kit, Kart easy fit and a Kings trigger. Does this sound like a start so far.

I put in a kart easy fit this past weeked, never have actually done it myself. Fun, frustrating, but definitely worth every penny. !st five rounds of 200lswc w/ 3.5 of B-eyej went into 1.5 inches at 60 ft. off a bench.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Well for the revolver. You don't see alot of guns with Ribs anymore. The guns were set up for competition.
On the plus side some of these guns that turn up were worked over by Jim Clark. He was one of the top gunsmith in the country years back. I saw a similiar gun as this just this week in a store, they were selling it alittle over $500. For this type of gun that surely has a nice action job thats a bargain.
On the minus side the guns because they were used for competition may have alot of rounds through them. Check the timing.
As for the 1911. Its a great build up. What you end up with is a very accurate gun, alot of fun building it, and not alot of money spent.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I think that I saw one on here the other day, or maybe it was in a magazine. It seems like everybody nowadays has a match pistol built with adjustable sights, well not everybody. I just thought it would be nice if I could somehow manage to put enough of the right amount of accuracy inhancing parts in a WWII S&A to make it look at least sort of like one. I know, "it's not a colt", and I think that they make one like the S&A. But hte S&A is a whole lot cheaper to start out with (school teachers salary).

I will try to find that book you were talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts