1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the AFTEC extractor be a drop-in part or should it be fitted for the Kimber Custom? Who has experience with it? Mark M33

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I have one in a competition .40/10mm single stack. It should drop right in. Note, my pistol does not have a firing pin safety. I have no idea if it will clear the Kimber SII plunger. I have no idea what they look like because I do not own one. If going into a pre II, no problem.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
A Series 2 extractor is no different than a Series 70. There is no cutout for the plunger like a Colt Series 80 extractor so the AFTEC won't interfere with the safety. I have known two people who had to "reduce the diameter" a bit on AFTECS to make it fit in the all the way in the channel.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It is a Drop In!! I have used it on my Kimber TLE

and this is a full size. No adjustments necessary. Be very carefull of the 2 small springs as they are easy to lose. I have put through 2000 rounds with it. No hiccups.

·
Registered
282 Posts
should be drop in. its only recommended for high pressure ammo according to some smiths. Its overkill for the 45 acp. I use it in my 40

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys, I was in an IPSC class and one the instructors had it on his gun. You hear stories about extractors, but AFTEC seems to be the way to go. Mark M33

·
Registered
282 Posts
MArk check out brian's forums for your problems in shooting. I did not read your signature. Yes we love the aftec since we dont know what else to spend in our expensive limited guns:p

Grand MAsters and MAster class shooters post here regularly and you should buy Brian's book, it made me a top 20 shooter in less than a year in our country good luck

brians forums

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jasonub, thanks, that book and Matt's DVDs are on my list. Shooting some matches at Shooters-Paradise owned by Phil Strader definitely gives one inspiration, and lots of work to be done.:cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
no problem. Do buy the burner's tapes. Its so comprehensive. If I were to buy all my training videos it will be in this order

burner series
mat's dvd's

The book is essential by the way. Happy shooting and hoping to see you in the next world shoot
:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jasonub, thanks for the tip, I visited the Burner site, will put that in my list. I plan to make a visit to Cebu and Iloilo City in two years, I might shoot if it coincides the vacation. Mark

·
Registered
398 Posts
Mark, I was having some extraction probloems on my new Custom Target - in 45. Killed a match for me - The Aftec is just a more reliable extractor since it doesn't count on the correct bend of the steel, the springs take over for that -

If you have a well tuned extractor and a spare, you're probably fine, but a 'normal' extractor wil probably break before an Aftec - one less thing to worry about for me in USPSA matches

1 - 11 of 11 Posts