1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a s.s. p12 and I will when some company decides to make some after market hand grips, It seems like para ordnance would by now be making some different colored ones or wood gripes, what do you para ordnance shooters think? Tom

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm currently using Hogue rubber grips on my S/S P-12 .45.They're very confortable and help absorb the recoil.You might try contacting Ajax Grips to see if they will make you a custom pair of wood or other type of non-rubber grip.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The only aftermarket grips that I have seen for the Para Ordnance pistols have been thicker then the factory grips. I think the width of the stock grips is as wide as I want to go. So until someone makes after market grips that are thinner then stock, I'll make do with the factory grips. But if you want color, you can try painting them like they do the STI/SVI frames.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Guys
I bought some ultra thin plactic grips(enterprise arma) for an old p-13 from www.brownells.com and I beleive they have thin ones in fancy wood (navidrex).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Funny you should ask that. I bought a set of Hogues for my P12 today on an impulse, but just replaced them with the stock grips again. They bulk up the gun a bit, and I think the PO is one of the few guns that does not gain anything from Hogues. I usually throw these on all my new purchases if they make a set for them.

Anybody want an almost unused set of Hogues for a P12.45?

------------------
"Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice." -- Thomas Paine

·
Registered
173 Posts
I do custom grips for para's,you can go to my website under gun pics and look at a set on a p16.

------------------
Tom Novak(HANDGUNNER)

Novak's Handgunner Outlet
Ph#(724)539-2774
www.handgunneroutlet.com

·
Registered
190 Posts
Smith and Alexander makes grips for the P12 in various styles. I had a pair for about four years that I just sold through the marketplace forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
never found a pair that is as thin as the stock sets. Still looking for my P13, and am considering the skateboard tape option at this point.

·
Registered
683 Posts
BERGER said:
Smith and Alexander has an excellent selection at reasonable prices.
You can also check out Ajax.....They carry a long line of custom grips....thier own plus others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts