1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how hard it is to do it rather than say it but after the 1911A1 WW2 Reproduction, I have a Beretta M9 in the works. After that my handgun collection will be as follows:

1991A1 NRM Blue Commander
1911A1 WW2 Reproduction
Beretta 92FS Compact
Beretta M9

Only FAL's and AR15's after that!

:biglaugh:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whatever....

That's what I said when I picked up my Bushmaster last August...no more guns.
...except I need something more than a .22 pistol, and Ruger P89s are on sale. I'll get one and then no more guns.
...except I really like 1911s and it would be easier to carry than the Ruger, so I'll just buy a Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 in stainless. No more guns.
...except I really like the parkerized finish ones too, and they're on sale so I'll buy one and then no more guns.
...except I looked at a Browning HiPower while waiting for the NICs check on the parkerized 1911 and I'm still thinking about it...

So what are you buying next? :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was not going to buy any more guns any after that shotgun I was planning on getting this Christmas.

I decided a couple of weeks ago to hold off on the shotgun............

...........so I can save up for that Colt Commander. After THAT, I'll get the shotgun. THEN -- like everyone else --- I'm done. No really. I mean it. WHAT? Why are you all looking at me like that?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
After this last handgun.....Beretta M9, no more handguns!
Yeah, right.
I wish you good luck. :D

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I started my collection saying that I was only going to get certain handguns. Well, I wound with a more than I originally planned for and really don't have any regrets either.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Guns...A healthy addiction.

Me: Hi, my name is Don, and I am a gun addict.

Forum (in unison): Hi Don!

I seek no cure, just better ways of supporting my habit.:)

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Hi Don,

Welcome to the best twelve step program goin' ;)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Rrotz,

Which M9 are you "shooting" for? I have a stainless M96 and love it! No jamming, no problems--just fun, fun, fun. And I love the 40SW too. I tried a M92 before I bought this one, and didn't like it as well.

I too am not buying any more guns--err, well maybe a couple of wheel guns, but then... The heck with it--collecting and shooting guns is too much fun to put a limit on it. It's my version of my wife's addiction to buying clothes. I don't tell her how many clothes to buy, and I demand reciprocity!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I would recommend the 92fs also. Mine has been very accurate and, at about 5K rounds, I have had ZERO malfunctions. There are so many models of these that it can be confusing, but I believe I have a compact (4.3' bbl that fits flush with the end of the slide). Can't wait to get my 1911 back though, cuz carrying the M9 is no picnic, especially for my build.:(

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just put a deposit down on the M9 Special Edition.....the one without the tacky gold inlays. The old M9 US marked 92FS, like the one I was issued in the Army. The gun was used, 200 rounds thru it with box, M12 holster, pistol belt and papers. Got a steal of a deal at $550 for it and time to pay it off.

I won't be shooting the M9 very much, I just recieved a Beretta 92FS Compact, 13 round capacity that was a former Orlando PD issued weapons. Carried alot, shot very little.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think I've said that after each one of my purchases..

Started with a Glock 31
Then a Colt Blue series 80
OK got a Glock and a colt.. all is well NO MORE

Then a Colt stainless 91A1 I couldnt let go
One in Blue one in SS that is my collection is complete

Then a Glock 23 I always wanted one
2 Glocks 2 Colts NO MoRE
Then a Colt Stainless Officers model
WEll u get the idea
Next came a NIB Blue Colt Delta elite
Hey.. its a 10MM
After that a Stainless Colt Target .22 6in.
Gotta have somethin cheap and easy to teach with

An old Rossi 6in. 357 revolver found its way to my
home.. I couldnt turn it away

Then the AR15 followed me home
I'm out of excusses
Then I found a Colt S70 Nickel commander A must have
It was time to build my own. a 10mm Delta Elite on a
caspian rail frame.
Ohh and a Glock 34 found its way onto my paperwork
some how
Lastly a Ruger M77 MKIV in 220 Swift

I swear thats it, I think thats the last one I could want, There is a nice defender at the shop though.. And I dont yet have a 6in. 1911.. Oooohh and that new sig just came out. and... and.........

Its a hopeless BAttle and I'm glad I'm loosing it. :D

Somehow I forgot about the 2 blue Colt Ehanced 38supers.. damn this collection is getting bigger than I thought..

:D

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
:D Every year I think I'm buying the last gun I need :D

Last year I had to have a Colt Gov't model, couldn't find one so I made one, Then I found one and convinced the wife I have to have a genuine Colt so I got a NRM Gov't model earlier this year, and now, I had to get a Springfield Milspec so I don't get my pretty Colt all scratched up :biglaugh: , who knows what's next..... I've never owned a Commander :eek:

Hi, my name is Jeff, I'm a 1911addict :biglaugh: .

P.S. I play dress up with my Kimber :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts